POM Safe is the companion app to the POM personal safety device. With POM, help is only a tap away. POM enables you to communicate instantly with safety officers in the event of an emergency. Once activated a line of communication is opened between you and responders, and your location and identifying info are automatically transmitted to the dispatcher so you can get the right help fast.
The app and device have many other useful features to help keep you safe and connected.
Keyfinder: Find the POM by let it ring and see how far it is.
Fake a Call: Send a fake call to your phone to get yourself out of a tricky situation.
Auto Send Texts: Send an auto text message by holding the POM
Virtual Escort: Set your destination and time limit to make sure you get home safe
POM is the fastest way to get connected to help when you need it most. No more fumbling with lock screens, remembering numbers or relaying your location. With POM, all of that is handled in the press of a button.
If you want to get POM at your organization please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Some features of POM College Safe require a mobile network data connection that can be maintained through a cellular carrier.
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can decrease battery life.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app, still buggy
App shows features and helps user create the profile well, but there are some issues with it.
- the app’s text/sizing/etc is off. When I first opened the app the text was cut off on either end like it was expecting my screen to be bigger. This continues through other pages as well.
- when typing into fields at the bottom of a page (like the personalized text message) you cannot see what you are typing. Additionally, you cannot copy/paste, so you can’t even type it out in another application.
- doesn’t send a call to my phone. I tried to get it set up so that it will send a text message to an emergency contact and fake a phone call to me but it only sent the text.
- distances are a bit strange. I’m sitting maybe 3 feet from my POM and it thinks I’m 21 feet away.
Aside from these issues the app works and I really liked how easy it was to learn my way around the app and set up my account. I also appreciate that the features are easily accessible and understandable.
Overall I would recommend this to someone else.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review. We noted all of your issues and will improve them soon. Please let us know if there is anything else we can improve.
Your POM Team
Safety & peace of mind!
I started using POM when I started a new job and had to walk about 10 minutes to get to and from the office. I park on a street off of a main area of town with minimal lighting & pedestrians so I always feel safer having my POM with me, especially in the winter when it’s most dark.
I also find it very useful when I go out late at night with friends where I could potentially be alone (walking from place to place, in an Uber, etc.). Knowing that I have a device that will alert authorities in seconds if I need help or am in an uncomfortable situation allows me to feel safe in my day-to-day life. Love POM!
Peace of Mind
This app has been able to give me exactly what it is called, some peace of mind.
As I walk out of the house, it gives me extra comfort knowing I have my POM on me and that it is quickly accessible if I were in a position where I needed to use it.
The device attaches easily to my keychain, which I pretty much always have on me. It doesn’t even feel like an extra step to have the device wherever I am.
The app is very user friendly.
I’ve even used the key finder feature more than once when I thought I misplaced my keys.
The app also sends reminders when my charge is low, and a quick charge brings the battery back to full.
I would recommended this app and already recommended it to my younger cousin who will be starting her freshman year of college this fall. Her parents loved the idea of her having a POM.
- POM-CO Partners Inc
- 162 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 POM Partners, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.