PoolMath makes swimming pool care, maintenance and management easy by tracking chlorine, pH, alkalinity and other levels to help calculate how much salt, bleach and other chemicals to add. Keep swimming in your TroubleFreePool with Pool Math.
Crystal clear algae free pool water is what Trouble Free Pool Math is committed to. Pool Math performs all the calculations you need to keep your chlorine, pH, calcium, alkalinity, and stabilizer levels balanced.
Why choose Pool Math over the others?
Other apps claim to make testing easy by using test strips and your phone's camera. Unfortunately, this is simply too good to be true. Test strips are notoriously inaccurate and end up costing you much more money in both chemicals and the tests themselves in the long run. Trouble Free Pool believes using a proper test kit is much easier, effective, and economical in the long run.
By following these calculations the pool owner achieves and maintains crystal clear water without reliance on the often unproductive advice and unneeded expense from pool stores.
Pool Math's great features include:
• Calculators for pH, Free Chlorine, Calcium Hardness, Salt, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Borates, CSI
• Track Maintenance: Backwashing, Vacuuming, Filter Cleaning, Filter Pressure, SWG Cell %, Flow Rate
• Track Chemical Additions
• Track Weather conditions with your logs
• Calculate the Effects of Adding chemicals to your pool
• Bleach Price Calculator - Find the best deals on bleach easily
• Summary page to see an overview of test results and chemical additions
• Data backup / Export
Premium Subscribers get access to these additional features:
• Unlimited Test Log History Storage
• Maintenance Reminders
• Cloud Sync/Backup
• Sync across multiple devices
• Unlimited Pool / Spa Configurations
• Test Log CSV Import / Export
Pool Math Premium Subscription details:
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 year for $7.99 USD
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration of 1 year) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• Fixed: Logs would showing up under or sometimes saving to the wrong pool
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but please add non-chlorine oxidizers and more spa-specific options
I know this goes against the TFP philosophy, but there are many ways to maintain a pool or spa, and I wish your helpful utility was a bit more agnostic on this topic. I use dichlor after a fresh fill, then switch to bleach, as recommended by many on the TFP forums. However, I prefer to use MPS shock weekly, rather than cranking up my FC concentration to a level that would render my spa unusable for days. This is just personal preference, and my thinking on this may continue to evolve. With PoolMath, though, I’m forced to enter the addition of MPS as something else (like algaecide), not enter it at all, or just put in a free form note. I’d spend some time reviewing alternative spa maintenance regimens, and make sure that all the ingredient chemicals are represented, along with their likely impacts at spa temperatures.
This is the only app I’ve ever bought! Pool Math makes it so simple to track and maintain my salt water pool! The history is extremely helpful as I use notes to include replacement equipment dates etc. and other relevant facts I’d certainly not recall - all in one place. My test results are entered and easily computes any additions needed. Trouble Free Pool methodology is simply a perfect solution for pool care. Each year I gain more knowledge and receive excellent advice from the amazing folks at TFP. I now open my pool each year to quite clear water and within a few days, have my chlorine levels balanced. No green swamp for me! Basically I purchase nothing but chlorine and bags of salt for my SWG system. Period - end of story. My first year I bought endless amounts of crap to open the swamp of a pool, maintain it, and close. I’d guesstimate easily $500 + dollars 6 years ago. I was taken for a deep dive that’s for sure. Now, it’s several jugs of chlorine bleach to open and close and viola - it’s done for $75 (well before bleach increased to almost $5). Follow the methodology exactly (especially the SLAM procedure) and you will reap the rewards for years to come. TFP and the Pool Math app are 5 stars of pure gold for pool owners!
Developer Response ,
App not saving preferred target values?
I've been using the TFP system for 5 years, and subscribed to the app 2 years ago after the old website calculator started to lose some functionality. The app does all the math as advertised, and the log tracking and periodic maintenance reminders are great for a pool owner that wants to minimize daily maintenance.
My only gripe has been the app seems to have lost the ability to change your 'Target Values' and keep those custom values each time you revisit. For example, I prefer to have my FC levels at the top end of the recommended range so I don't have to top up my chlorine levels very day. I can change the value from 6 to 8 as I'm entering the test results to get my value, but when I close the results, that 'preferred level' resets to 6 (middle of the range) every time. The app seems to do this for all values! FC,Ph, TA, CYA, Etc… I thought when I had first subscribed to the app two years ago, my preferences were being retained, but I may be imagining it, all season this year so far the app resets my preferred target values every time. It's a minor inconvenience, but having to remember to change values each time mes it difficult to maintain a consistent level which is what I'm after.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 129.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © TroubleFreePool
- In-App Purchases
- Pool Math Premium Subscription $7.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.