PoolMath makes swimming pool care, maintenance and management easy by tracking chlorine, pH, alkalinity and other levels to help calculate how much salt, bleach and other chemicals to add. Keep swimming in your TroubleFreePool with Pool Math.
Crystal clear algae free pool water is what Trouble Free Pool Math is committed to. Pool Math performs all the calculations you need to keep your chlorine, pH, calcium, alkalinity, and stabilizer levels balanced.
Why choose Pool Math over the others?
Other apps claim to make testing easy by using test strips and your phone's camera. Unfortunately, this is simply too good to be true. Test strips are notoriously inaccurate and end up costing you much more money in both chemicals and the tests themselves in the long run. Trouble Free Pool believes using a proper test kit is much easier, effective, and economical in the long run.
By following these calculations the pool owner achieves and maintains crystal clear water without reliance on the often unproductive advice and unneeded expense from pool stores.
Pool Math's great features include:
• Calculators for pH, Free Chlorine, Calcium Hardness, Salt, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, Borates, CSI
• Track Maintenance: Backwashing, Vacuuming, Filter Cleaning, Filter Pressure, SWG Cell %, Flow Rate
• Track Chemical Additions
• Track Weather conditions with your logs
• Calculate the Effects of Adding chemicals to your pool
• Bleach Price Calculator - Find the best deals on bleach easily
• Summary page to see an overview of test results and chemical additions
• Data backup / Export
Premium Subscribers get access to these additional features:
• Unlimited Test Log History Storage
• Maintenance Reminders
• Cloud Sync/Backup
• Sync across multiple devices
• Unlimited Pool / Spa Configurations
• Test Log CSV Import / Export
Pool Math Premium Subscription details:
• Auto-renewable subscription
• 1 year for $7.99 USD
• Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew (at the duration of 1 year) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Current subscription may not be cancelled during the active subscription period; however, you can manage your subscription and/or turn off auto-renewal by visiting your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
- Switching apps shouldn't reset the state of Pool Math when you come back to it anymore
- Fixed links to Register a new account and Forgot Password
- Some other bugs were squashed too!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Well done and improved ease of use
I have been taking care of pools since I was a lifeguard over 30 years ago. TFP is a great forum and resource for people who are trying to get their brain around how to easily keep you pool under control.
I really enjoy using this app to record my measurements. It saves me a lot of time and I got rid of my waterproof log book. The chemical correction calculations are tremendously helpful, especially if this world is foreign to you.
Now that I have said all that great stuff, maybe I can slip a request in here. I would love to see my data graphed. I currently export it to excel(export is awesome) and then mess around with it and graph it. Then I export that to an image and put it in drop box so I can see it by the pool. It would save me even more time if this beautiful app had some internal graphing with a drill down interface.
So best pool app out there. Fair price. Good upgrades and they continue to develop it. Probably deserves 4.5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Graphs are a feature we've tinkered with in the past, but we've never been happy with the results. As a quick assistancinterpret the summary feature in the menu, but I suspect this isn't showing all the info you were looking for. We're set to start working on the next round of upgrades and I'll see if we can take another look at Graphs, but I can't make any promises.
If I may make a request, can you email us at email@example.com as I'd like to ask a few questions on how you interpret the data on the graph. What sort of questions does the graphs help you see and so forth??
Thanks for the kind words!
Worth the subscription. This has made managing and balancing my pool so much easier. Easily calculates for you any chemical additions. Use with a FAS-DPD test kit and you’ll never have to bother with pool store tests that are most likely inaccurate. Check out the trouble free website for great tips in the forums.
One suggestion to developers, it would be great if there was a way in the log what the effect of the chemical you’re logging should do to your reading. For example, FC tests at 3ppm, I add 3ppm worth for chlorine, it would be helpful to show where it essentially should be at now (6). Maybe on the entry that says what you are adding it could also show what the new reading would be. It’s a bit of a pain to go back to my last entry and calculate out what my FC should be at based on my prior addition. Just a suggestion to think about, thanks!
Developer Response ,
We thank you for your kind words and will note that suggestion!
The perfect app for your pool
This app gets better with every release. Now a user can track multiple different items with separate log types (test results, maintenance, chemical addition, expense/purchases, etc). Also, the “Effects of Adding Chemicals” makes it easier to see how much additions of a specific chemical will change your water chemistry. The weather tracking API is also a nice touch for automatically logging weather data.
This App is jam-packed with great features. Many thanks to the developers for remaining so dedicated to this critical piece of pool care technology.
TFP is a site dedicated to helping every residential pool owner take control of their pools and have the very best pools possible. I have used and support TFP for many years now.
This app is a culmination of over a years worth of work and it finally gives smartphone owners pool side access to the chemical calculator, aka Pool Math, that TFP bases its methodology on.
This app is a fantastic addition to TFP and well worth the price. Anyone who owns a pool and wishes to get rid of their lousy pool service and ditch the poor advice given at pool stores should get this app and then head over to TFP to learn the simplest and easiest approach to pool care!!
- 93.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © TroubleFreePool
- In-App Purchases
- Pool Math Premium Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.