Popped is a unique tool for writers which makes storytelling easy and fun. From the moment an idea pops into your mind, Popped offers a lot of tools that can help you add life to your newest writing project. Write your dialogue exchanges from the comfort of your phone. Switch easily between characters with the click of a button, then move to your computer to rearrange the scenes. Give your characters life by creating special avatars for them through the character builder.
Popped makes screenplay formatting simple by automatically converting your text into screenplay format. When you’re done with your project, you can convert it to a PDF or fountain script. Discover new stories through Discovery or share your own.
Current Features Include:
- Writers can then format the screenplay into a PDF or convert the text content as fountain script.
- Ability to create characters and identify character dialogue count.
- Create and organize scenes.
- Predictive chat automatically selects previous speaking character.
- Speech-to-text allows you to dictate your characters dialogue.
- Ability to reorder chat bubbles.
- Convert screenplay to PDF or export to fountain script for desktop.
- Character builder to create unique avatars for characters.
- Image import for character avatars.
- Entry version that can be upgraded.
- Simple on-boarding to quickly get into screenwriter.
- Dark theme to make writing enjoyable day and night.
- Pro Screenplays should be ordered properly now.
- Title pages now display on pro screenplays.
- Press & hold on cloud stories should trigger the context menu / activity menu.
- Export on the cloud writer should now be working properly.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Intuitive Screenplay app
I’ve used other screenplay writing apps and this one I really prefer. It’s very easy to write a script and is very organized and simple. However it can be improved in certain areas such as adding a details for characters made or writing a synopsis or summary for the screenplay you are writing. I like the features for copyright, making the characters easy to add to a scene and the template to describe a scene. However the app does glitch when selecting characters to add to a scene. For example if I select 3 ontop of the roster and scroll down to select 2 when I go back to the top to be sure everything is set the characters are deselected and there’s no way to choose the ones I wanted for the scene. This on version 1.0.3 on iOS 11.3.1. But overall it’s a really good app I recommend it for anyone that enjoys writing and making a story!
I’ve already fallen in love with this app. I don’t write screenplays, rather traditional stories but I always end up scripting the dialogue first so this app is perfect for just mapping out the conversations between my characters. The only things keeping that fifth star away are some minor bugs: crashing when I add a piece of dialogue, deselecting the existing characters I want to add to the scene (if I have to scroll, the characters at the top are deselected), etc. I’m sure these will be fixed in the near future though!
Great potential, needs work
The app idea is fantastic and a great fit for quickly developing an idea through dialogue. If the execution was more polished I’d give this a 5 star.
I downloaded and bought the app last night and:
- Stability is poor; in 3 hours of usage, it crashed 9 times. It didn’t loose any significant data but is frustrating. I also couldn’t delete characters because it would crash every time.
- Adding dialogue anywhere but the bottom is painful, unless I’m missing something. You can’t place a cursor and add dialogue there, you have to drag each . Want to add to the middle? Get ready for a lot of scrolling and dragging from the bottom
- Feeling lost in setting menus. There’s a few versions and it was hard to remember which option was which settings screen (app, screenplay, scene) it was at.
- Cant duplicate or copy scenes would be a nice feature (I write sketch, Which are 2-3 pages. I would use scenes as draft stages for a single script so it’d be nice to be able to copy it)
Overall I’d say download it and try it out. It’s a great idea, hopefully it can get some updates soon.
- Carbon Studio LLC
- 60.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Carbon Studio LLC - 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.