Learn to read Hangeul, making exciting rhythm by combining onset consonants, vowels, and coda consonants, with animations for image-sound associative learning of pronunciation based on the principles of creation of Hangeul.
‘PopPopping Korean’, made by Hansol Education Co., Ltd., a prominent Hangeul education company in Korea, is an application for foreigners to learn Korean in an easy and fast way with fun.
2. Characteristics : PopPopping Korean is an easy, fun and fast way to learn Korean with mobile devices.
1) easy : Induces for the user to easily and accurately emulate the pronunciation of onset consonants, vowels, and coda consonants through animations on the pronunciation of articulators, which other conventional Korean textbooks lack. The user becomes familiar to the pronunciation of Hangeul through interesting letter animations related to the sound of letters.
2) fun : Rhythm Hangeul game for the user to make a rhythm by combining onset consonants, vowels, and coda consonants and mix the pronunciation of Hangeul. Comic character animations that show when a word is completed.
3) fast : Allows the user to become able to read Hangeul within a short period of time after once learning on the basis of the principles of creation of Hangeul, not just memorizing the letters.
1) Hangeul Pronunciation : You can view animations on the pronunciation of Hangeul.
- Onset/ Vowels/ Coda : animations on the pronunciation of articulators of each letter
- Syllables : Learning of syllables (Combining onset consonants with vowels or onset consonants with vowels and coda consonants)
2) Rhythm Hangeul : You can play the Rhythm Hangeul game.
- Fifty words related to the Korean wave
- Making a rhythm by combining the onset consonants, vowels, and coda consonants of the words you have selected.
- Comic animations with the meaning of the words
3) Secrets of Hangeul
- Page for introduction of principles of creation of Hangeul (Greatness of Hangeul/ King Sejong/ Principles of creation of consonants/ Principles of creation of vowels)
Ratings and Reviews
Love it, but...
This app is extremely helpful. The little characters for the different sounds help me memorize them easily, and everything is just great. But I really wish that you could be able to either turn down the volume of the music or turn it off completely. It's difficult for me to hear the pronunciations afterwards, because the music is so loud compared to the voices. But other than that, this app is awesome. I 100% recommend it.
Great learning app
Great app. I like that you can see exactly how letters are pronounced. However the music while enjoyable is to much and has no way to turn down or off. Also learning words and phrases was great but it messes up at the end and won't let you finish words. Is great for a beginner. Learning placement of syllables and why is not on there gives to short explanation. Really like app but not what mid-level learner like me needed.
I dig everything about this app. The pronunciation guide is extremely helpful, as is the ability to strong sounds together (though I wish I could put my own sounds together instead of pre-decided ones).
My only complaint is the inability to turn off the accompanying music. But that's a minor concern for as much as this app helps me.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- HANSOL Education Co., Ltd.
- 73.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 4.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 한솔교육
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.