The Portacapture Control is a dedicated app for Portacapture X8 that allows for flexible remote control via smartphones or tablets regardless of the location.
■Portacapture’s operability at the palm of your hands
The Portacapture Control is an app that provides operability with the same user interface as the touch panel on Portacapture.
In addition to the basic REC start/stop, gain adjustment, mixer control, mark registration, and all the other controls that can be performed on the main unit are available on this app. Moreover, you can always check information about the input level, recording progress/remaining time, battery level, as well as set various parameters including low-cut, limiter, and many more effects.
※The AK-BT1 Bluetooth adapter (separately sold) is needed to be able to control the main unit via the Portacapture Control app. For more information on how to connect Portacapture and AK-BT1 or how to use Portacapture Control, please refer to the instruction manual.
※This app does not support monitoring of the main unit’s input sound. To monitor this, please use the headphones output or the speaker function on Portacapture.
Please carefully read the license agreement below before using this application.
No changes have been made to use and functions with the Portacaptue X8.
[ New functions ]
- Unit settings and recording app settings can now be saved in up to 3 USER SETTINGS and recalled with a single tap from the LAUNCHER screen.
- INPUT SETTINGS, including for the low-cut filter, compressor, limiter, auto gain control, noise gate and other effect functions can now be saved in up to 3 presets and loaded in each recording app.
- The USB MIX MINUS function can now be used in the PODCAST app.
This can suppress the occurrence of echoes in audio from remote participants when capturing podcasts.
- In addition to built-in mic input, selecting PAD and USB input is now possible when using the PODCAST app.
- When the Portacapture Control remote control app is communicating in the background on a device, for example, connection with the unit will no longer be interrupted, even if the device itself enters energy-saving mode.
[ Maintenance items ]
- Operation stability has been improved in other ways.
Ratings and Reviews
Firstly, I was already kind of bummed that I HS to buy an extra Bluetooth adapter for my Portacapture X8, but I hoped that it would make life easier in the long run. I was able to get the app up and running on my phone and paired to the device, but it is incredibly laggy and unresponsive. It works decently for modes such as Field and Voice, but it freezes in Manual, which I’m planning on using most frequently. I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro, so I don’t think it’s my device. Hopefully we see an update to fix this because it’s currently unusable.
Hey Tascam… allow the transfer of audio files via Bluetooth
How did they leave this one out of the feature set? Transferring via a cable is much faster than Bluetooth I’ll admit, but having to find a cable is a pain.
I was under the impression that you would be able to pair this device with your car stereo, air pods etc. I should have never made that assumption but I hope that tascam will create an update that will allow you to pair it to bluetooth monitoring devices. If nothing else, deseign an updated bluetooth card that will allow this sort of pairing!!!!! An AK-BT2 maybe?????
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- TEAC CORPORATION
- 30.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © TEAC CORPORATION