Scotland, for a small country we’ve made a big impact on the world. Now, it's your chance to peek inside and see just a few of the things happening in Scotland right now.
Portal AR is an augmented reality app that allows you to literally step into modern Scotland and see a rich and exciting array of 360 video and 360 images.
Travel through AR portals to a pioneering country that’s creating exciting new opportunities and see for yourself why the world is sitting up and taking notice, all with our unique touch of warmth and generosity.
• Witness the incredible buildings built over centuries of history.
• Go behind the scenes to see how we make Scotch Whisky.
• Take a ride along our amazing Highland coastline of on a motorbike.
• Hear first-hand the amazing innovations Scotland is providing to the world.
• Transport yourself into the world of a cutting-edge video game studio and innovative tech companies.
• Walk around stunning, world-renowned university buildings steeped in tradition but now the home of modern-day pioneers and innovators.
• See the cutting edge of fashion by visiting the world-class Heriot-Watt School of Textiles.
There’s so much to learn and discover in a way that is both engaging and interactive.
Who knows, you must just be surprised by what you find…
- Store updates
Ratings and Reviews
Couldn’t Even Start The App
I downloaded this app with high hopes that it would be an enriching AR experience. Sadly, those hopes did not come true in the slightest, and I was disappointed.
One of the first screens you were brought to was a screen that said “Point your device at the floor. Please move around slowly and make sure area is well lit.”
I made sure my area had exceptional lighting, no nearby objects, and my connection was perfectly running. However, after a long time just trying to tilt and move my screen slowly, I still simply couldn’t get off the screen.
This is one of the most exciting and educational ideas for an app I have ever heard, however, technicalities such as the one I faced still need to be sorted out.
I am willing to give the app a second try, if I receive specific instructions on how to get to work.
Thank you for coming up with such a wonderful idea, however!
A fun and educational app that is a great showcase for some of Scotland’s best attractions. Informative, interactive, and a unique way of showcasing useful information about Scotland. As a Scot living abroad, it made me a little homesick. Well done! 🏴
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.