Stay up-to-date with the latest news and weather in the Portland, Oregon and Southwest Washington area on the all-new free KGW app from KGW.
Our app features the latest breaking news that impacts you and your family, interactive weather and radar, and live video from our newscasts and local events.
LOCAL & BREAKING NEWS
• Receive real-time notifications for breaking news
• Read the latest news as it happens in your area
• Explore exclusive investigative stories
• Browse photos, news clips, and raw video
• Daily and hourly forecasts for your city
• The latest forecasts from our meteorologists
• Interactive radar maps
• Automated hyperlocal severe weather alerts
• Watch live video newscasts and breaking news from KGW
• Discover and dive into topics that matter to you
• Favorite topics to receive personalized updates
• Share stories & videos directly with your friends and family
• See the latest updates and behind the scenes photos from your favorite anchors and reporters
• Get information on school delays & closings as they happen
This is the official app of KGW and KGW.com, the NBC affiliate serving the Portland, Oregon and Southwest Washington areas.
Got feedback? Let us know how we can make this the best app experience for you! Send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do Not Sell My Information: https://www.kgw.com/do-not-sell-my-information
Terms of Service: https://www.kgw.com/terms
• You spoke up, we listened! We've made it faster than ever to share your best photos and videos with us. Simply tap the orange button on the Near Me tab OR share directly from your device's camera roll.
• Enjoy larger text in articles each time you come back to the app. Find the "Aa" icon located at the top right of the article page to enlarge the font and your preferences will be saved.
• To help make this the best app experience for you, keep sending us your feedback at email@example.com.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Something to take note.
I’ve had this app off and on for a LONG time.. my biggest suggestion .. we need news faster and more at our fingertips ... if we had time to watch your commercial or commercials at all why would we chose an app to catch up.. cut all people off from ads and give us locals the “real news” we LOVE I REFUSE ABSOLUTELY ... REFUSE to watch anyone else’s news broadcast or even subscribe let’s check my social media nothing KGW is my local hometown news! You guys are rock stars let’s keep shining also let’s talk more POSITIVE where are the news journalist
Whatever happened to finding a really really good story.
Find support groups for people of all situations have them hammered with a banner at the bottom of you’re news cast and make sure to bring it to the light it’s the season of loneliness and the true feeling of no love... suicides are at a higher rate due to the holidays! Help us !!! We need someone like you A BIG BIG LOCAL PLATFORM you guys change people’s life’s and point of view bring us up! Be our vitamin D
Xo- Mathanial Hollowell
KGW news reporters are my favor cast of news reporting characters in the Pacific Northwest. Five star reporting all the way around. Local news spot on. Interesting, informative, and entertaining. Enjoy special spotlights on local entertainment, and events. Great application for KGW weather, especially Matt’s add information regarding, the celestial sky, and environmental issues. Couldn’t wake up to a better group of lively, happy, well informed morning new people. Great way to start my day. Thanks, KGW News for five star new reporting and reporters.
Sincerely, Colleen M. 💚regon City, 💚R.
Incessant ads must go!!!
Update: Thank you for doing away with the ads for a short period of time but then you brought them back! 😩 A lot more people would use the app if you didn’t force us to watch 15-30 seconds of ads before we can view a news clip with volume! Super disappointed that wasn’t a permanent change! Although the news about the coronavirus is less urgent now, I want to follow news about George Floyd’s murder and the movement it has sparked that demands prompt and permanent change in how people of color are treated. Please find another way to show ads rather than showing teaser news clips on mute that make you view an ad to have volume!!!!
I love the notifications of breaking news but the same repetitive OHSU Health ad that you are forcing people to watch over and over for 15-30 seconds before we are allowed to view a 1-2 minute news snippet is ridiculous! And if we want to watch more than one news snippet, we have to watch the same annoying ad over and over. I get that advertising pays your bills but in light of the global pandemic & the public need for TIMELY updates on the health crisis that directly impact all of us, I would argue that a reduction in mandatory viewing of ads is very much overdue.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.