Posco is a new, easy to use, Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) application. Posco gives a voice to people who have difficulty communicating verbally.
With Posco, users can express their needs, wants, and feelings. They can participate in school, share their thoughts, and even partake in conversations. Here are some of the features that make this possible:
- Large library of built-in words and phrases.
- High quality voice
- Ability to record a custom phrase with the microphone
- Ability to add new items
- Ability to edit existing items
- Easy to use sentence builder; enables the user to easily repeat previously spoken items.
- Extremely easy to use.
Copyright © 2016 Bryan Keller
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- Recently spoken sentences list - so you an easily repeat what you say the most
- Repeat a recent sentence from
- Your wrist with the new Apple Watch app
- Using 3D touch on the Posco icon on your iPhone 6s or 6s Plus
- Updated design
- New set of included tiles for new users
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this program but as soon as I try to use it crashed. I attempted to contact support but they don't exist. Don't waste your time.
Great update to a great app!
I babysit a child that's nonverbal so I've had this app for a long time and I've always loved it. I just updated it and wow!! The new look is really nice and even easier to use than before! If you're looking for an AAC app, this one has everything the super expensive ones do and you don't even need to pay to unlock more features.
Posco is just what I was looking for!
I've been trying out various AAC apps with a speech student of mine. He's mostly nonverbal but has some good cognitive skills and a lot he wants to communicate. I'd created a velcro picture book with him and love how versatile that is, so when I looked for AAC apps I wanted something equally versatile but with the advantages the iPad offers in voice output and easy organization. Posco has been a lot of fun to work with. The interface is simple and fun to use. My student caught on quite easily and it works well for him to build messages with a couple symbols: "I like" "soccer" for example. I've added the sections his picture book had - actions, people, school schedule, greetings, etc. - as folders. (I mostly removed the pictures and folders that came with the app, replacing them with images from that picture book). The developer is great, too. I proposed a couple ideas and he was super gracious and put out a recent update with these changes among others. So, definitely give this app some consideration and see if it meets your/your students' needs!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Bryan Keller
- 26.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 Bryan Keller
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.