Watch Stephen tell you why he made the app and show you how it works before you buy, by visiting our site at http://posebookbysilver.com.
How does an artist get better at drawing? Very simple, by drawing. That practice,the act of being inspired and finding new approaches is what moves an artist to the next level.
The purpose of this book is to provide you with images to inspire you. A book dedicated to help guide every artist, to learn about, construction, form, balance anatomy, proportion, folds in clothing, gesture, silhouettes, portraiture, lighting, hands, perspective, and contrast.
With the images in the Posebook, you can sketch for the fun of it. Learn how to draw humans from the side view, back view, understand how the head tilts, how a body sits, understand the angles of a foot. You can study and draw the back of an ear, the underside of a nostril, the bottom of a shoe. Whatever you feel you need to practice, this is your chance. Flip to any page and start sketching what inspires you.
I find that when I am struggling, or uninspired, what works for me is to find photos that look like fun to draw. So I set in motion the tools to create the pose book that I always wanted. With great dedication and passion, I bring to you a book to draw from, learn from, and have fun with. Don't feel that you need to copy the pose exactly, or use it to find just the right pose for a comic you are doing. Remember this book’s purpose is to provide you with inspiration. You can take it everywhere you go.
Female version includes:
* Over 1400 Hi-definition poses based on 4 lively female characters, including full body poses, silhouettes, facial expressions, and hands.
* 4 instructional videos given by Stephen Silver to help give inspiration and tips to help you become a better artist
* 25 Hi-definition interpretations of these characters from some of today's most popular artists
* Intro by Stephen including over 25 of his own Hi-definition character renderings
* Pinch and zoom on all Hi-definition images to focus on the details
* "Flip" feature for all Hi-definition images to flip the image horizontally essentially doubling the number of poses to draw from
* Stephen's biography and link to his website
* Information and video about Stephen's Schoolism.com online art classes for one-on-one art training.
* One universal app that works on both the iPhone and the iPad.
Resubmitting for 64-bit compliance
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best figure app ever!
This is the best app for practicing figure drawing. I can take it anywhere and love the poses! Such a great app! If you don’t already have it also get the Character Design Shuffle app. I often get stuck and don’t know what to draw and these tools help spark inspiration.
Ok, could use some work
I’m a huge Stephen Silver fan. I’ve got his book and I’ve taken his course on Schoolism. 100% worth it!
That said, this app is a bit lacking. The images are actually surprisingly low-res. Sometimes when you’re doing the timed drawing, it’ll give you the space between two separate photos instead of centering a photo. Not a HUGE deal but at this price you expect better. Contemplating returning it...
Stephen is the best!
This app has helped take me to a new level in gesture sketching! No more tight hand and worried eye. Just had to loosen up!
- Johnny Byrnes
- 256.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Stephen Silver 2011
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.