Watch Stephen tell you why he made the app and show you how it works before you buy, by visiting our site at http://posebookbysilver.com.
How does an artist get better at drawing? Very simple, by drawing. That practice,the act of being inspired and finding new approaches is what moves an artist to the next level.
The purpose of this book is to provide you with images to inspire you. A book dedicated to help guide every artist, to learn about, construction, form, balance anatomy, proportion, folds in clothing, gesture, silhouettes, portraiture, lighting, hands, perspective, and contrast.
With the images in the Posebook, you can sketch for the fun of it. Learn how to draw humans from the side view, back view, understand how the head tilts, how a body sits, understand the angles of a foot. You can study and draw the back of an ear, the underside of a nostril, the bottom of a shoe. Whatever you feel you need to practice, this is your chance. Flip to any page and start sketching what inspires you.
I find that when I am struggling, or uninspired, what works for me is to find photos that look like fun to draw. So I set in motion the tools to create the pose book that I always wanted. With great dedication and passion, I bring to you a book to draw from, learn from, and have fun with. Don't feel that you need to copy the pose exactly, or use it to find just the right pose for a comic you are doing. Remember this book’s purpose is to provide you with inspiration. You can take it everywhere you go.
Male version includes:
* Over 2000 Hi-definition poses based on 6 lively male characters, including full body poses, silhouettes, facial expressions, and hands.
* 6 instructional videos given by Stephen Silver to help give inspiration and tips to help you become a better artist
* 25 Hi-definition interpretations of these characters from some of today's most popular artists
* Intro by Stephen including over 25 of his own Hi-definition character renderings
* Pinch and zoom on all Hi-definition images to focus on the details
* "Flip" feature for all Hi-definition images to flip the image horizontally essentially doubling the number of poses to draw from
* Stephen's biography and link to his website
* Information and video about Stephen's Schoolism.com online art classes for one-on-one art training.
* One universal app that works on both the iPhone and the iPad.
Added "Art Course" button for SilverDrawingAcademy.com
Ratings and Reviews
Stephen Silver is Awesome
What can I say, these apps are a great resource for different kinds of poses, and his other apps are also awesome.
Timed poses need more options
I specifically bought the PoseBook for the timed poses option, and I actually love this! Before getting the app, I've been finding photos online, generating random numbers, and using that number to pick a pose from my collection to draw for the next 15 seconds to minute before generating the next random number. This is a great step up!
Some things I wish were included in this aspect:
- 15 second poses. Maybe even 3, 5,
or 10 seconds for when I'm feeling really crazy.
- A length of session option, so I can have 30 second poses for longer than 5 minutes. (Sessions currently max at 10 poses.)
- Options for what is shown during the sessions, e.g. you can choose one or multiple of: hands, faces, or full body poses. I like the idea of having a bunch of timed hand or face practice, but I don't see how that's possible with the current setup.
Otherwise, great app. I'm looking forward to using it more!
Great resource - would love an update!
Love this app. I do wish it could be updated for further iPad functionality - like split screen, or rotating to landscape mode. Otherwise, these are great poses! So much better than what you find online for free.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Johnny Byrnes
- 312.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Stephen Silver 2011
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.