POSETASTIC! Awesome Posing on the Go!
Please Read *NOTES* before buying! Thank you!
NOT for realistic or custom mannequins yet. Not recommended for iPad 2 due to performance reasons.
Posetastic app is designed for empowering the process of creating character art and animation. Ideal for quick iteration of ideas for concept art, illustration, comic books, animation, story boarding, sculpting, choreography and music visuals.
Version 1.0 focuses on posing and offers 'BVH' pose export to other software - featuring simple mannequins, posing tools, lighting, materials and guides. More complex models, tools and effects will be added in future updates.
*PLEASE READ NOTES CAREFULLY BEFORE PURCHASING OR REVIEWING*
Made for artists by artists! To ensure understanding of what the app currently can and can’t do please read features and limitations. Although the frequency of updates is uncertain, all limitations are high priority and the 2 person part-time Indie team who aim to improve the app as quickly as possible. If you would like to buy or review Posetastic, please do so on the basis of appreciation for what has been already accomplished and not for what’s lacking. Thank you.
Posetastic 1.0 Features:
- Camera can orbit, pan, zoom and focus on a mannequin joint
*NOTE* App works exclusively in portrait mode
- Stylised Male and Female Mannequins (BVH export of joint rotations)
- Large, Medium, Small basic Mannequins (OBJ mesh export)
*NOTE*: Posetastic isn't designed for posing of realistic anatomy models or clothes; not possible to import custom models for posing, or have multiple mannequins in the scene at the same time. There are currently no clothes/props. More body types and head/face morphs will be added in the future
- Discs (select part and use discs to rotate in XYZ planes)
- Track Ball (select part and use a virtual track ball to rotate)
- Drag tool (drag directly on a part to rotate)
- Sets (for hands & torso parts, drag up on UI buttons to set rotations)
- Symmetry (flip or copy a part’s rotation to the corresponding limb on the opposite side)
*NOTE*: There is currently no IK (inverse kinematics) system in place for posing. Only direct setting of joint rotation is supported (forward kinematics). Joints currently do Not have limits, are not lockable and do not highlight when selected. Parts cannot be stretched or dislocated. Individual neck and collar bone rotations, and face/head morphs are not implemented at present. Wrist rotation is modeled as a ball joint and does not feature realistic radius/ulna rotation of the forearm
- Blend between two saved poses with instant, linear and smooth transition
- Multiple saved poses can be selected and “tweened” together pose-to-pose
- Saved poses can selected and deselected during animation
*NOTE*: The animation system in Posetastic is a simple pose-to-pose blend without interactive f-curves
PLAY & SAVE:
- Save & Email selected poses (BVH format for Male/Female mannequins, OBJ mesh for ‘Quin’ basic mannequins)
- Play through a selected poses dynamically, pose selection can be changed during animation
- Scroll through saved poses (displays name and thumbnail image)
*NOTE*: Poses currently cannot be imported directly in the app
- 11 body poses
- 17 hand poses
*NOTE*: Stock pose library will be expanded significantly in future updates
- Lighting (white, red/blue, stripes)
- Materials (21 including shiny, matte, toon, black/white)
- Backgrounds (11 colours, 8 comic frames)
- 8 Visual Indicators (gesture curve, stick figure)
- Visual FX (mirror, sonar, vignette)
- Animation trails
*NOTE*: Posetastic currently does not have a screenshot feature (for now please press home + on button at the same time to save image to gallery)
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks Good but needs landscqpe mode please...
Need to have this in landscape mode so i can splitscreen while drawing... PLEASE!
As a pose app for drawing, this app has some wonderful things going on. The ability to scrub between poses is very cool. The lighting and camera work well. Having multiple materials is a great addition as is having a floor with drop shadow. I really like the planar model for the male. And posing is dead easy to do and yields cool results.
There are some refinements that could make this app even more useful. First is the model. I really like the planar model as a tool but this model has a few oddities. The pelvis on the male is to deep and the chest is to shallow. The thighs have an odd pinch in the middle and the knees are too chunky. A center line groove would be helpful to see twisting in the torso. I like that the chest has deformations but it also needs to allow the shoulders to raise when lifting the arms above the horizontal.
Besides the model, the interface needs simplifying and shrinking for larger devices like the iPad Pro. There needs to be a way to save an image to the camera roll or the Files app. And of course, it needs to work in slide over on iOS 11 in order to draw in other apps while looking at the pose.
I would personally get rid of the static models as I don’t think they add much to the app and just take up space.
All these criticisms are not to take away from the app itself, which is quite excellent and easily worth supporting for future development.
You have a beautiful product… Now it's time to put more than one character on the stage. This will keep you over the competition… Other people have already put into play. This application is top in it's class… Please ,don't fall behind… Stay on top with two people on stage now! Again, hands-down the best app for posing!
The developer, MA Grizenko, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.