Post-Tonal Theory Calculator is a musical set theory analysis tool and compositional aid. Using the app, you can define pitch class sets, then analyze and perform various musical set theory operations on the sets.
For pitch sets you define, the app will:
* Calculate Normal Form and Prime Form
* Display the Forte Number
* Calculate the interval class vector
* Show transposed and inverted sets
* Display a set matrix
* Sort, invert or complement the set
* Play the notes of the set as a melody or chord
The app also includes a comprehensive written overview of musical set theory. Composers like Arnold Schoenberg, Alban Berg and Anton Webern employed set theory techniques to organize the pitch content of their works.
- Fixes a bug where Normal Form for some pitch sets was calculated incorrectly
- Addresses UI layout issues on larger iPhone screens
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thanks for putting this together
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.