Welcome to Power E*TRADE. Our app is designed to help you trade options, stocks, futures, and ETFs with ease and speed. From basic orders to advanced strategies, navigate the complex world of trading with simple-to-use tools—all from the palm of your hand. Download now to get started.
TRADE WITH EASE AND SPEED
• Trade stocks, options, futures, and ETFs
• Quickly execute options orders up to four legs with our customizable options chain
• Trade futures and view depth of market on our mobile futures trading ladder
• View your positions by options strategy and close or roll quickly
TRACK THE MARKETS
• Get streaming quotes on options, stocks, and futures
• Perform technical analysis with popular studies
• Measure risk and volatility with streaming Greeks
• Use our LiveAction tool to scan the markets for unusual activity and volatility
• Set alerts and create watch lists for the investments you’re interested in
• Stay informed with breaking news
FEEL SAFE AND SECURE
• Log on with Touch ID and Face ID support
• Securely transfer money between accounts
Important Note: Futures and options transactions are intended for sophisticated investors and are complex, carry a high degree of risk, and are not suitable for all investors. For more information, please read the Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options and the Risk Disclosure Statement for Futures and Options prior to applying for an account by visiting etrade.com/options or calling 800-ETRADE-1 (800-387-2331). Visit etrade.com/futuresdisclosure to read E*TRADE FUTURES LLC DISCLOSURE DOCUMENTS AND OTHER FINANCIAL INFORMATION.
Securities products and services available on and through the Power E*TRADE Platform are offered by E*TRADE Securities LLC ("ETS"), Member SIPC[https://www.sipc.org/]. Commodities futures and options on futures products and services available on and through the Power E*TRADE Platform are offered by E*TRADE Futures LLC ("ETF"), Member NFA. ETS and ETF (collectively "E*TRADE") are separate but affiliated subsidiaries of Morgan Stanley.
The products and services available on and through the Power E*TRADE Platform may differ from those offered by E*TRADE on other E*TRADE platforms. System response times and account access times on the Power E*TRADE Platform may also vary due to a variety of factors, including trading volumes, market conditions, system performance, and other factors.
Access the futures markets through the E*TRADE platform nearly 24 hours a day, six days a week (Sunday 5 p.m. CT to Friday 4 p.m. CT). For more information on futures contract trade specifications, including, tick size, tick value, margin requirements, and trading hours, visit etrade.com/futures.
In Barron’s Best Online Brokers of 2021 review of 11 firms across six major categories and 98 subcategories, E*TRADE received 4.0 out of 5.0 stars overall. E*TRADE also earned “Best for Mobile Trading” (5 stars). Learn more.
E*TRADE logos are trademarks and registered trademarks of Morgan Stanley.
© 2022 E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley. All rights reserved.
What's new in version 4.7?
New menu feature: Trend Watch
• View monthly MegaTrends PDF reports that predict shifts in consumer spending behavior by analyzing sentiment expressed through social media on market trends and consumer insights powered by LikeFolio
Added Add IV Rank to Quote Detail, Watch List, & Positions
Added Symbol information to order notifications for Saved and Filled orders
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Cleaner App with Caveats
Good improvement to the dashboard!
Updated Review: Cleaner look. A lot of changes and a bit of a learning curve. It’s is getting 3/5 since some of these updates are not intuitive and there really should have been a splash screen or something to describe the changes upon first time launch. Here are the key items which I’ve learned through use:
1. Dashboard “Day” field will show you realized P/L for the day.
2. Dashboard “YTD” will be a summation of both realized and unrealized P/L. I found this somewhat confusing since “day” is only realized P/L and that right by it.
3. Portfolio “Day” field will show you any unrealized P/L (e.g. if you realized profit or lose it will be excluded and displayed in the dashboard as explained above).
4. The portfolio “day” field is unrealized daily P/L.
While navigation is more linked. It’s seems like there are more operations needed for a given transaction. This might be a learning curve issue.
App developers need to keep the investor in mind when they make changes especially major ones. Take a closer look, do time studies on what makes more sense and is user oriented.
I think this is still a good app and E*TRADE provides a good service however more mindful execution is of app updates is important.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback! We are always looking for ways to improve your mobile trading experience, and your comments are very helpful. I have forwarded your response to our developers for review. Should you have any questions please contact us 24/7 at 1-800-387-2331 (Domestic) or 1-678-624-6210 (International).
Excellent alternative to standard E*Trade App
I’m just going to rewrite my review. Figured out a lot of things that I didn’t know how to do at first. This app is an excellent alternative to the standard E*Trade app. The user interface is modern and pretty easy to use once you figure everything out. Only have a few suggestions:
1. In your portfolio, it would be nice if you could separate Call/Put options and shares. I hate that they’re mixed in together. Have one section for Calls/Puts and one section for Shares that you own.
2. Under the portfolio section I wish you could still see the expiration date of your contracts and quantity under the ticker symbol with the top level view and not have to switch to spread or leg level. I like the condensed view of top level. The other two make it difficult to see all your positions at a glance.
3. I think it would be beneficial to have a how to section on this app. I couldn’t figure out a lot of things in my initial review and had Google how to do a lot of things.
Outside of some minor delays with information loading and an issue with logging back in without completely closing the app and swiping it away, this app is solid and will be my go to. Looking forward to future updates and fixes.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to re-evaluate! We really appreciate your thoughts and will be sure to pass along your feedback along for review. We appreciate your business and thank you for being our customer!
The iPhone app is not very protective
I submitted a short iron condor trade without choosing “credit“ and the short position was executed immediately. That means I paid money while I was supposed to collect premium for the risk I took. The problem is that the default choice, when the bid side is negative, is “debit” and that makes it easy to overlook. I suggest that the default needs to be “credit” whenever someone attempts to place a SHORT order.
I immediately spoke with a representative about the issue and he said I need to wait a few days for a resolution and I did so. I called back after a few days because there was no change on my account only to be told they are sorry. So I lost money unnecessarily because of lack of protection from the system.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ETRADE FINANCIAL
- 73.1 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 E*TRADE from Morgan Stanley. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.