PowerboatGuy gives you the ability to record and save your trips, and easily share them with another iPhone/iPad user. This app also tracks your boat's route, captures and displays your boat's acceleration, and monitors your speed and heading, all in real time.
This app is perfect for powerboaters, fishermen, water-skiers, wake-surfers, and wake-boarders who want to capture and share the best journeys on your boat, and lock down information about your boat's best performance.
New in V3.0!
- Trips can now be shared with your friends.
- If you have attached photos, videos or notes to your trip, PowerboatGuy now allows you to play them as a movie. You can also AirPlay them to your Apple TV!
Complete features include:
- Generate a map-based trip anywhere you go
- Create waypoints on your trip, and attach media notes (photos, videos, voice memos or text) to these waypoints
- Share your trips with any other iPhone/iPad with the PowerboatGuy app
- Play a trip's media notes as a movie, and AirPlay this movie to an Apple TV
- Easily readable in bright sunlight
- Highly accurate speedometer (GPS-based)
- Displays heading in degrees and text (ex: NNW)
- Cool 3D realtime graphic of your boat’s position (roll & pitch)
- Holeshot analyzer shows your boat's speed, acceleration and position over time
- Ability to save recorded holeshot data
If you have any feedback, bug reports, feature requests or other comments, please don’t hesitate to contact us via http://www.lakewiz.com/support
- enabled file sharing to allow trips, holeshots and associated media clips to be easily copied to of from your device by using iTunes.
- fixed an annoyingly intermittent problem with startup of the app that caused a crash
- squashed some less obnoxious bugs
Ratings and Reviews
If it would work correctly it would be awesome!
I love the idea of this app and I would love the app if it would work properly..... but it rarely does. I can record my trips and holeshots but I can’t view them. The holeshots will not come up at all. Also I recorded a trip this past weekend, and I was able to view it that night and I think I looked at it Monday morning but now it’s Tuesday and it will not let me open it or pin it to the home screen. And I have recorded 2 holeshots and have never been able to view them. Also I used the speedometer Sunday and I was turning about 2800 rpm and it was saying I was going like 36mph. I wish that were true but sadly no, my boat does about 27-29mph. And at WOT it was saying over 60mph. There was a few people with me and it’s only gone over 50mph once and there was only me in it. So I restarted the app and my iPhone and it corrected that but still can’t view my saved info.
Fix these problems and u will get a 5 star rating from me and I will absolutely recommend this app to every boat owner I know. If it worked like it is supposed to then it would be my favorite app ever! Please fix it, or if it’s user error please tell me what I’m doing wrong!! So yeah I give a 5 star rating for the idea and initiative, but a 2 star rating for execution. It’s all great features just make them work and I’m in with 5 stars!
New version is great!! All problems are fixed! This is exactly what I was looking and hoping for... If u have a boat then download it now.
Thanks for the update!!
Developer Response ,
We agree, there are some parts of the app that needed some work. In the next couple of weeks, we will be releasing a new version of PowerboatGuy: Version 3.0! With this update, we expect that it addresses all your problems. Also, Version 3.0 will include some brand new features, such as the ability to now share your trips with other PowerboatGuy users.
- Thomas DAVIDSON SR
- 92.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 LakeWiz Boating Applications. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.