The PowerMic™ Mobile app combines wireless desktop microphone capabilities for Dragon® Medical One with ambient recording and mobile editing for DAX™. It's easy-to-use and lets you access PowerMic Mobile, DAX Copilot or both applications through a single mobile app—providing on-the-go clinician productivity powered by Dragon.
One app, two powerful capabilities.
* PowerMic Mobile turns your smartphone into a secure wireless microphone for use with Dragon Medical One. It gives clinicians the freedom to roam and complete clinical documentation using a smartphone as a wireless microphone at the desktop.
* DAX Copilot uses conversational, ambient, and generative AI to automatically write clinical documentation from clinician-patient conversations. More than just faster notes, the new DAX offers AI-enhanced copilot experiences that go beyond automated clinical documentation.
* Unlock the full app experience.
Access to features within this app are available with a corresponding paid subscription to PowerMic Mobile, Dragon Medical One, and/or DAX Copilot
* iPhone/iPod/iPad (with iOS 15+), Windows 10 PC or greater.
* Internet access through a cellular service provider or Wifi (recommended).
* Paid license subscription for PowerMic Mobile, Dragon Medical One, and/or DAX Copilot. Please contact your system administrator.
This release provides accessibility and stability enhancements.
PowerMic Mobile no longer displays DAX Copilot to logged in users without a license.
Ratings and Reviews
I use both Power Mic III and mobile version because I work in many different locations.
Things which could be improved in mobile version:
Left and right arrow buttons are too close to bottom of screen in iPhone X version and white slide bar is over them. Too frequently when trying to toggle between fields, I accidentally slide the white bar which disconnects me and then I have to reconnect in order to continue dictating. There is lots of empty white space around the dictate button: could the arrows be moved up and away from the white bar or made larger?
Disconnects too easily and too frequently in the middle of dictating. Why?
I use toggle to go to the next field and start dictating and it goes instead to text box. Why?
The app disconnects very frequently. My iPhone is tied to the Epic EMR and obviously I cannot change the settings on the phone to prevent it from locking after a few minutes (this is security related hospital driven setting) and as soon as the iPhone locks the power mic also disconnects. To go back in you again need to open the app tab and then again login and then again click the microphone on to dictate. Extremely annoying. Also if you switch between the power mic app and some other app, you have to redo the whole connection again. Makes the whole process of dictating very inefficient. Should have an always on top function which does not disconnect and with a simple voice command like “turn power mic on” or “off” to start and stop dictating. I was initially very enthusiastic about using it but it’s just clunky the way it is.
Use to Work Now does not
I used this for at least a year with very few issues and very little trouble shooting. The latest update that changed the entire look (which looks better) has caused it to be very glitchy. It now disconnects on its own frequently while using it right in the middle of a recording. Much more unstable. Now when you move the curser from one part of a note to another, or if you pause for a few seconds in your dictating, you have to hit stop recording and then start recording or it will not record, regardless of whether the button is still green (indicating it is still recording) or not.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nuance Communications
- 68.3 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2024 Microsoft. All rights reserved. © 2024 Nuance Communications. All rights reserved.