Built for convenient access to real-time student information like grades, assignments, and attendance, the PowerSchool Mobile App provides enhanced functionality for parents, guardians, and students.
• Get easy access to the most important student data with an updated user interface, dashboard, and improved app structure
• Use new dashboard widgets for quick access to important information including: GPA, Class Overview, Assignments Due, Assignments Graded, Attendance, School Bulletins, Meal Balance, and Fees
• Customize the dashboard by reordering or hiding widgets to prioritize the information that is most important to you
• Access class information and grades across terms and drill-down to detailed views of class assignments, attendance, and standards
• View class assignments for the week or month in a new calendar view, and drill-down to assignment details
• Manage push and email notifications, student profiles, access school information, and more
PowerSchool is the leading K-12 education technology provider of solutions that improve the education experience for 100 million students, teachers, and parents in over 70 countries around the world.
To access the PowerSchool Mobile App, your school district must be using the PowerSchool Student Information System. If you are not sure what SIS your school is using, contact your school or district.
• Requires iOS version 10.0 or higher
• Access to PowerSchool is controlled by school administration
• Requires a wireless connection or mobile data plan
• Users must consent to receive push notifications when connecting to servers outside of the United States
• Meal Balance totals are only available if your school uses the PowerLunch meal management feature in the PowerSchool SIS
PowerSchool Mobile for iOS version 2.9.2 is now available for download in the Apple Store.
Updated the app to include accessibility improvements related to color contrast and screen reader issues.
Resolved an issue related to student information appearing incorrectly when a parent has multiple students.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a good app and doesn’t seem to have many issues but I have just a few tips and things that might make it better. For starters, the class overview I believe should show the grades for your current marking period/semester. My school year is split into two semesters with three marking periods each, and the class overview shows my grades for marking period 1, but currently I’m in marking period 3. I think it’d be easier and much less confusing if it showed your current grades. Second, when you tap on a class in the overview it takes you to the grades for that class but again, not to the current marking period. Other than these small details the app seems to work well and I haven’t had many other issues with it. I think fixing it so it shows you your current grades and not grades from the start of the year will make the app much better and easier to use.
Helpful, but can be annoying at times
As a student, my school and grades RUN on PowerSchool, so it’s helpful to always have the app on my phone so I can check my grades anytime. Personally, I think there’s nothing spectacular about this app that gets it 5 stars, but is a problem that I find to be very aggravating at times. Mainly, when my grades are updated, I get the notification, but on the app, they are not actually updated, no matter how many times I refresh. I normally have to wait a long time for this to happen, or I just log on to my computer to check my grades (they are updated immediately on there). I would also recommend that instead of notifying us when our letter grade changes, we get notified when the actual percentage changes (e.g. “Your grade is Pre-Calculus H is now 95”). I also wish this app was less glitchy, updated quickly, AND we had access to see our grade history from previous years, as I can only see this on my computer as of now. Plus, it would be great if our GPA, shown on the home screen also updated with our grades for that quarter/trimester/semester, and not keep showing the GPA from the LAST term. Other than that, I do appreciate the convenience of checking my grades and attendance on my phone, but this app has a LONG way to go.
it does its job...but the new update...🥴
I really liked using the PowerSchool app for school being able to rearrange the way I saw my GPA, recent assignments graded, and overall class scores etc. I also really liked the blue and white theme—as I’ve gone through school I’ve associated certain classes with certain colors and now this new update has chosen random colors for all of my classes. Also another thing is I like my grades to be private and now the letter grade for each class is HUGE! So prying eyes are most likely going to be able to see my grades. And my GPA is super tiny now. Weird. Also another annoying thing about this app is that it doesn’t show how your teachers weigh their grading (if like a class was 70% tests and quizzes & 30% class work) Oh one last thing: you can’t change your little profile photo. It sticks with you school photo (which 9 times out of 10 looks really awful.) You are the only person who sees this picture so why not let us change it to a picture we like better? Like I said the app works great other than the new color theme/update. There are a few things that bother me but it’s still doing it’s job: showing you your grades etc. Hope this helps!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PowerSchool Group LLC
- 134.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2017 PowerSchool Group LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.