This colorful, educational social skills App for the iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch® has all 52 illustrated picture flash cards (plus audio of the text on each card) from the Practicing Pragmatics Fun Deck® by Super Duper® Publications. Select the cards you want students to see, and have them answer social skills questions about Politeness, Solving Problems, Feelings, Giving Information, Requesting, Telephone Skills, and Staying on Topic.
This App is simple to use — each student looks at an illustration, and either reads the prompt or touches the screen to listen to the prompt. The student then gives a verbal response. After each answer, tap the green (correct) or red (incorrect) button to score the student’s verbal response. Move to the next card by sliding the card currently on the display screen to the side. To move to the next player, tap the bar at the top of the screen and select a name. You can also advance cards and players automatically by selecting the Auto-Advance option in the Game Options menu. You can leave a game temporarily and return to it later by selecting Pause Game from the menu. To return to the game, select Continue Game from the main menu. When you finish, view the results in a graph, and print or email your data.
Practicing Pragmatics Fun Deck® App lets you:
• Use the app in portrait or landscape orientation.
• Select all 52 cards or just the ones you want students to see.
• Track correct and incorrect responses for an unlimited number of players.
• Advance players and cards manually or automatically.
• Receive feedback for incorrect and/or correct responses
• Discontinue game play and continue at any time.
• View results in a graph and see which questions a player missed during a session.
• Print, E-mail and share your results.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Updated for iOS 8 and iOS 9
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Quickie from Vickie
Illustrations and subject content good. Data collection is so so. When I look at data later, I'm not sure what category was covered nor the questions that are answered incorrectly. All I have is a percentage for "something?". I need data collection made easier.
Too few examples for any area addressed
There are too few examples offered for each area addressed.
Developer Response ,
Dear Lost, I have Found that more really is better. I agree with your review and have passed the suggestion to our App Development Team.
Another super app!!!
Please keep your apps coming, my students love them, and so do I! Very pleased with all of super duper apps! I like the convenience of having your materials on my iPad !!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Super Duper, Inc.
- 60.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Super Duper Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.