PrayerMate - Christian Prayer 4+
Prayer Lists Organiser
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
PrayerMate helps you be faithful in prayer for the people and causes you care about.
Every day, PrayerMate will select a person or topic that you've entered from each of your main categories (perhaps "My family" or "My small group at church") and show them to you as a series of index cards - then just swipe between them to pray. It brings together prayer points you've entered manually, regular updates from a whole host of Christian charities and churches, PDF prayer letters and daily prayer pointers from "Operation World".
Prayer is one of the greatest privileges for the person of faith, and yet most of us wish we were better at it. Now when you say to someone "I'll pray for you!" you can make sure you follow it up.
* Intuitive index card interface lets you swipe between the day's topics
* Set up your own personal categories and subjects to suit the way you pray
* Subjects can be entered manually or directly from your address book contacts - no typing necessary!
* Privately share prayer requests with others in a trusted small group
* Subscribe to online prayer diaries, with content from organisations such as London City Mission, Open Doors, UCCF The Christian Unions, Church Society and numerous local churches (including your own if you like!)
* Operation World "country of the day" feed
* Get the Church of England Collect for the Day automatically
* Gallery of downloadable prayers, plus "Take Words With You" scriptural prayer builder
* Attach photos and PDFs to prayer points
* Import/Export via Dropbox
* Optional daily alarm clock to remind you to pray
* Prayer points can be scheduled by date, day of the week/month, or just whenever they haven't been prayed for in a while
* PIN code feature for added privacy
* Email or message the people you're praying for from within the app, or email prayer points to a group of friends
* Built-in help system
Become a PrayerMate Patron
PrayerMate is free to use but you maybe optionally sign up for a subscription to Become a PrayerMate Patron to support the continued development of the app through the "Settings" tab. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew (either every month or every year, depending on the subscription type you choose) unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. In return you will receive access to additional colour scheme options so long as your subscription is active. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and will identify the cost of the renewal. You may manage your subscriptions and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iOS app store settings after purchase.
Full terms and conditions at https://www.prayermate.net/pages/app_terms_conditions
* Correctly handle push notifications
* Allow managing reminders on daily devotional feeds
New in 8.3.0:
* Fix for when you subscribe to a new feed
* Correctly show newly imported data
* Many other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
How often does someone ask you to pray for them? You promise you will, and then you just forget? Or maybe you’re one of those folks who uses formal prayers or the Psalms, or maybe you’ve just got a long list… PrayerMate to the rescue. This is a great little app. Personally, my mind tends to wander (and there are those who say it’s too little to be out wandering alone!) - PrayerMate helps me focus. I often include photos of the people I’m praying for (you can do that in PrayerMate). I also include key Scriptures to remind me of things I need to focus on (“Trust in the Lord…” Proverbs 3:5-6). If your prayer list is very long and you want to include certain things only on certain days or just use the app to mix things up a bit to keep prayer time fresh and not end up with a stale routine… yup. It does that too. The UI is really nice - clean and intuitive and yes, of course, it has dark mode. Answered prayers can be archived, but I’ve created an “answered!” list and move answered prayers to it - I’ll then add a few reminders from it every day to remind me of God’s faithfulness… I could go on but you’d do better to check it out for yourself - it’s free! (Or if you want to support the devs, you can subscribe for cheap… 👍)
Clearing my mind
This year I am after all these years of being saved, in a position where I must pray for my church, for my family and myself. I’m thrust into leadership, and I have felt so in adequate up that point. But I have found so much more joy in prayer this year than in all the years of my salvation. I am grateful to PrayerMate because it helps me focus. Early in the morning or late at night, my mind is very busy with all types of thoughts. Using PrayerMate helps me to block out all those things. Prayer is not a task for me anymore. Prayer is necessary, my joy, my power, my battle. I’m hurting the devil, and I intend to do as much damage as possible until the end.
Nice app for organizing prayer
I stumbled across this app recently and have been using it daily. I love the functionality and have been recommending it to friends that I see at church. It is a great free app. Things that could use improvement. The support website link returns an error page and there is no way to reach anyone with questions. I paid ~$11 for the ability to create prayer groups and that functionality seems a bit quirky. I do not see where to can remove a group from your lists when done, you get an error message when trying. I am unable to see member names, only spinning looking like it is attempting to load. I am not sure how this looks for someone else that I invited to my prayer group but will find out more about that experience soon.
I am not sure how many people subscribe to the group functionality but there is definitely room to spruce that up.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Discipleship Tech
- 79.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Discipleship Tech
- In-App Purchases
- Become a Patron (Pay Monthly) $0.99
- Become a Patron (Pay Annually) $10.99
- PrayerMate Patron $9.99
- 5 Things to Pray for the People You Love $3.99
- Praying the Promises $1.99
- 5 Things to Pray For Your Church $3.99
- I'm Praying For You $2.99
- 30 Days of Prayer 2023 $1.99
- 5 Things to Pray For The World $2.99
- 5 Things to Pray for Your Kids $4.99