PrayNow is the daily prayer app that places the Scriptures at the center of daily meditation and prayer.
"Pray without ceasing." (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Daily prayer should be central to what we do as Christians. Yet it is so easy for the pressures and stresses of daily life to crowd out the time for meaningful prayer.
PrayNow is designed to meet the needs of the Christian who wishes to follow a disciplined order of daily prayer centered in the Scriptures and to use the rich resources of the church’s ancient daily orders of prayers with writings from the Church Fathers.
Pray Now provides you with the following:
• Complete texts for each day:
- A reading from the Psalms
- An Old Testament reading
- A New Testament reading
- A selection from a writing by a church father
- A hymn stanza
- A prayer for the day
• Complete orders for daily prayer:
- Early Evening
- Close of Day
• Features the feasts, festivals, and commemorations of the Christian Church Year
• The full text of the Psalms is available with, or without, chant notation
• A full collection of prayers for the days of the week and for various aspects of your life in Christ
- Full texts for every day appear automatically according to the calendar
- Dynamic calendar allows you to display text for any day
- Choose between five different fonts
- Fully scalable font size
- Night reading mode
- Bookmarking capabilities
- Add, View, and Edit notes on each day's readings
- Insert the day's readings into any of the above orders for daily prayer
- TV/VGA Out for group settings
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
* Support for iOS 11
* Showing note date on save
Ratings and Reviews
I cherish this app. Since buying it at a very reasonable price I use it everyday following the lectionary. I like the option to have my psalms pointed. I am thrilled with the option for the chant tones and provision of sound with them! The hymn tune should be added with each hymn in the same way. What a tremendous way to have the text imbedded in my heart for the day. I also like additional readings from the church fathers. The amount of daily reading provided is quite reasonable to accomplish. I work full time and can do this. I don’t routinely use the service sections but am glad to have them included it is so wonderful to follow the office with little flipping around. Thanks CPH, you’re on the right track with this app!
Please develop further when feasible
I am new to Lutheranism and purchased this app because my new Pastor uses it. However, because I more love listening to the weekday morning and evening office? and subsequent morning program on KFUO, Oratio, which together incorporate sung prayers, scripture, commentary, creeds and hymns, it would be great to find an app that integrates with that; or on its own prays with audio through the included Daily Office, with all components also written out (like the scriptures here - thanks for the ESV) and with the ability to copy any such text into a daily prayer journal along with additional personal notes and prayer. It would be such a blessing if Pray Now would develop these features, integrated with the Daily Office, perhaps collaborating with KFUO or other Lutheran media. Thanks for considering it as a future goal. God bless you.
Treasury of Daily Prayer
I used to use the “Treasury of Daily Prayer” which is what this app creates in a electronic form. Makes it easier during lent since you don’t have to remember what week in lent you are it does it for you. It also includes the proper Saint days with their writings and prayers. Excellent devotional
The developer, Concordia Publishing House, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Concordia Publishing House
- 21.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Concordia Publishing House
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.