Comprehensive preparation, study and test tool for the Commercial Pilot (Airplane, Rotorcraft, Glider, Lighter-Than-Air) and Military Competency FAA Knowledge Exams. Questions, answers and explanations included, for you to study with a true-to-form practice test.
The questions, answers, and explanations have been updated to reflect the most current information available to prepare for your FAA Knowledge Exam.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good quiz app, but seems kinda broken
Overall very good for quizzing and testing yourself. However, the “save quiz” feature seems completely useless. You also can’t skip between questions in a specific category. (ie. If there’s 100 aerodynamics questions, you just have to cycle through all of them randomly with no reference numbers) This app could use a bit of an upgrade for user-friendliness
Progress not saved and several other issues
- I have lost my study progress multiple times by now which is super frustrating if in the middle of a long section where I want to be sure I saw every question at least once I switch to another app and then back to this app and it sometimes jumps back to the main screen instead of the active study session with no “Resume” button, so progress is lost. Kicking the questions off for that question again will randomly mix them up even in study mode so I need to start from scratch.
At the very least default to no mix-up of the study questions, and if some users want to study randomly then by all means give them that option as a setting.
- Also, jumping back and forth between the questions and the reference material is quite awkward when there are several parameters to be kept in mind; there should be a better way of designing the app on the iPad.
- The section with the explanation of the correct response is too small and oftentimes requires awkward scrolling even for short explanations.
- Lastly, the graded quizzes are not being recorded so I can’t see my progress over time. Such functionality should be a given in any training software.
The only reason this software gets two stars and not just one from me is that the questions are being kept up-to-date.
Comprehensive but incomplete!
Commercial Pilot - Airplane: I enjoy the overall function once I figured out the nuances, like if you exit without saving, you resume at your last saved starting point and NOT where you left off. Frustrating detail, but manageable. IFR operations, only one question? Really? Also there are numerous incomplete test questions that force you to guess...this is why I’m reluctant to give a 2-star. Fix the database questions at minimum! As it sits I’m done with this app and going a different route...hopefully this will get corrected on the next update.
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 27.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.