++ Used in schools in the US, UK and Canada ++
A read and write learning app with phonics, 8 different fonts, upper & lower case letters, fun animals and a reward system.
+++ Used in schools in the US, UK, Australia and Canada +++
A read and write learning app with phonics, 8 different fonts, upper and lower case letters, fun animals and a reward system kids will love
You’re looking for something to help your animal-loving preschooler develop the solid foundation they need for literacy success and you love the idea of putting basic skills in context rather than teaching them in isolation.
Preschoolers ABC Playground is the app for you. Designed to engage preschoolers and help them learn the basics, the app also grows with your child. As your little ones are learning their letters you can show them how they are written and how they fit together to make words. As your child’s confidence increases, Preschoolers ABC Playground gives them a way to both learn and practice writing and reading - all in just one app. For breaks, rewards or just fun, the app also includes a simple but addictive physics game - the more your kids learn and practice, the more they get to play!
While playing the games in Preschoolers ABC Playground your child will be learning:
• Phonics / Letter sounds
• Letter names
• Upper and lower case letters
• Alphabetical order
• How to put letters together to create basic words
• How to write both upper and lower case letters
• 8 different fonts are available
• 7 different languages are supported, plus options for either American, Australian or British English.
The 7 different sections in the app are:
• FLASHCARDS. Introduce each upper case letter by both name and sound, together with a different animal to associate with every letter. You can also choose to trace each letter to demonstrate how it’s written.
• ALPHABET. The first exercise in this section shows upper and lower case letters in alphabetical order, together with their animal partners. A matching game then gets your kids dragging and dropping upper case tiles onto their lower case counterparts or vice versa. A third exercise asks your child to pair together upper case letters with the correct animals.
• PAIRS. There are three versions of the classic memory card game in this section. Match upper case letters, upper and lower case letters or upper case letters and animal pairs.
• WORDS. Unscramble letters to spell animal names. There are three different levels of difficulty - beginner, advanced and Pro.
• PRACTICE. Gives your kid lots of practice tracing upper and lower case letters.
• WRITE. A drawing board where children can practice on either a blank page or one with ruled lines. If they want to copy letters then there are tiles available that they can drag and drop onto the board.
• YETI and his flying apple(core) - as a break, a reward or just for fun! If your child is spending too long playing this game then you can either limit their playtime in settings or hide the game completely.
This app was developed by me together with my children, incorporating feedback from parents and educators. It won the Editor’s Choice Award from Children’s Technology Review and ipadeducators.com gave it 5/5 stars, saying:
“Simply put, this is the best app we have yet seen for early letter learning. The attention to detail and range of options is outstanding and we highly recommend it for Early Years teachers.”
And you don’t have to worry about your children playing independently with my apps because I take their privacy and online safety very seriously. My apps include:
• no links to websites outside the app
• no ads
• no social media sharing
• no in-app purchases
I also value your feedback so please email your comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
+++ AWARD WINNING APP +++
• Children’s Technology Review - EDITOR’S CHOICE 2013
• 3rd Place as BEST TEACHER APP 2013 at the Best App Ever Awards
• 5 Star EAS Certification and EAS Recommended status by the Educational App Store
• 5/5 REKOMMENDERAS by Pappasappar.se
- iOS 14.5 Support
- iPhone SE 2020 Bugfix
- Bugfix in exercise 3: Write
+++ GREATEST UPDATE EVER +++
- Complete re-Design of the entire App
- Optimized all graphics, font types & illustrations
- All 10 languages / accents with phonic sounds & letter sounds are now available & selectable in all exercises
• American English (male & female speaker)
• British English
• Australian English
- Two additional fonts were added - now a total of 8 fonts are available:
• NEW: Sütterlin
• NEW: Kurrent
• Block letters 1: Druckschrift
• Block letters 2: Grundschrift
• Cursive Handwriting 1: Schulausgangsschrift
• Cursive Handwriting 2: Lateinische Ausgangsschrift
• Cursive Handwriting 3: Vereinfachte Ausgangsschrift
• US Cursive Handwriting
- All 8 fonts are available in upper & lowercase letters + letter tracing
- All 8 fonts can now be selected in the first FLASHCARDS exercise
- All 8 fonts can be selected in the 3rd WRITE exercise
- Optimized for iPhones with 5,5“ and 6,5“ Displays
- An overview of the whole alphabet is now also available for iPhones in exercise 4: ALPHABET
- The german ANLAUT-TABELLE is now also available for iPhones
- In German the DOPPELLAUTE were optimized in exercises 2 and 6
- The REWARD SYSTEM game: Yeti and his apple core“ has been optimized
- Options to show or hide Yeti & Pairs Game and to reset all stars and apples optimized
- Optimized Timer to set playing time for children
- Lots of small improvements
- Reduced file size
PLEASE RATE THIS APP ON THE APP STORE!!
... in case you have any questions, problems or feedback, please email to: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Learning letters can be fun!!!
This is a delightful app for young learners who want to learn about letters. My preschoolers and kindergarteners found this app to be engaging. This app includes 6 different exercises to promote alphabet learning including flashcards, practice, writing, assigning (matching and sequencing), pairs, and words. It was created by a non-educator and states that in the App Store description, so keeping that in mind, it is a very nice app. As an occupational therapist, the prospects of using this app during therapy sessions are great, especially with a few letter formation modifications.
I'm impressed and the kids loved it
This is an attractive, well designed app. A lot of thought went into the interface and options. I let my nephews (ages 5 and 8) play with the app and they loved it. Both had fun trying to do the matching, but it seemed to appeal to the 8 year old more. They both liked the letter practice equally and I had to keep them from fighting over my single iPad! The only thing keeping it from a five is that there's no American English voice.
Nice app with multi language
This app is really nice. My daughter took to it right away-repeating the sound of the letters. I really like that French is one of the language option. I wish that upon seeing a new letter that the letter would be said as well as being sound out and then say the name of the animal: d, duh, dog and d is for dog and so on....
I also like that the letter is traced to show how you should write the letter.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan Essig
- 60.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Jan Essig
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.