Presentation Prompter 4+
Presentation Prompter turns your Mac into a teleprompter and helps you deliver successful presentations. It is built for live performers, newscasters, actors, public speakers, narrators, and anyone who has ever used cue cards or read from a script. Write or import scripts, then scroll them smoothly on one or more screens.
– Smooth scrolling, GPU–accelerated and tuned for particular hardware.
– Precision speed controls let you accommodate any speaking rate or text size.
– Dual–screen prompting displays your script on a second screen. Optionally flip the script only on the other screen if you’re using a mirror enclosure.
– Teleprompter operators can see exactly what the talent sees on their own screen, resulting in better communication between the operator and talent.
– Minimize talent eye movement with one–click margins.
– Maintain your reading position with an adjustable focus arrow.
– Never run over your allotted time! Show a clock and remaining time estimate below your script for time–awareness.
– Prevents accidental edits, screen saver activation, and other interferences while prompting.
– Mark sections of interest and jump to them instantly with bookmarks. Great for rehearsing a difficult part or managing any large script.
– Control the prompter using your keyboard and trackpad, or use a dedicated remote or controller.
– Write and modify scripts in a dedicated editing environment — there’s no need to use a separate app.
– Highlight speaker names, use a special style for difficult–to–pronounce words, and space lines perfectly to make them easier to read. Use any combination of fonts, colors, and spacing for readability and emphasis.
– Compatible with MS Word and other common file formats to quickly get existing content into Presentation Prompter.
– Print scripts for backup or rehearsal purposes. Ink saver features improve readability and print time.
• Perform line-by-line and supertitle scrolling. Hold ⌥ Option and press ↓ Down Arrow or ↑ Up Arrow in Prompt mode. Go back or forward an exact number of lines, or hold the keys to skip around.
• Re-style text everywhere with the Select menu. ⌃ Control-click on styled text, then choose the Select menu to match it everywhere and re-style it with the Font and Color panels. You can also select text enclosed-by particular symbols (like parentheses) for quickly styling instruction.
• Invert for emphasis. Invert black and white ⇧⌘I within selections or toggle the feature on and off during typing. Invert All Colors exists alongside it under the Format > Selection menu.
• Numbered Bookmarks and multi-line support. Bookmarks insert at the start of a line and are automatically numbered in the menu. Add Bookmark ⌘K now adds a bookmark to every line with a selection. A new Remove Bookmark ⇧⌘K feature similarly affects multiple lines.
• New Speed tab in the Controls preferences. The tab consolidates speed adjustments and adds new options. Set a default speed, enforce the default speed when exiting Prompt mode, or make pausing the prompter set a specific speed.
• Preview window improvements. The preview now reflects what Prompt Mode looks like if you use the Prompt in a window preference. The window title indicates the output according to your settings. It also improves the Change Resolution button when resizing the second display.
• Various improvements. Cleans up interface inconsistencies, restructures the Format menu, changes Numpad 0 on extended keyboards to set speed to 0 (not 10), optimizes common functions in Edit mode, and more.
• Lots of fixes. Fixes a crash, a rare out-of-sync bug in the Preview window, a bunch of visual bugs, a bug on older macOS releases that required pressing the Mode button twice, and more.
• See the Release Notes under the Help menu for many more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Functional, customizable and reliable for prompting under pressure
Prompter operators who do this professionally become accustomed to some workflows, window and controller behaviors that allow them to work quickly, under high pressure at times… like rapidly getting an edit into the script during a commercial break before going back to prompt mode, or quickly identifying rundown items and punching forward and back to bookmarked lines when rehearsing a script out of sequence.
In this app, the key features… Bookmarks, scroll behaviors, toggling between modes, accessing these one-handed from a USB controller like a ShuttlePro or ShuttleExpress... are all acceptable and can be configured to mimic the familiar placement under your hand, and the behavior, of some high-end software.
It’s also easy to learn… I discovered this software in a surprise technical situation where an analog-to-HDMI conversion out of my familiar Windows prompter computer would not work with the client’s displays, and this was the option. With an hour or two to configure the Shuttle controller and test the key prompter features and behaviors, it got done. Recommended.
Works great for me
I bought this years ago to do a project at a church. Recently I got a call to provide some video gear for a fundraiser and was told there "might" be a speech that needs a prompter on the confidence monitor. I wan't worried because I knew I had this program and it would be fine. At the last minute I learn that I'll be getting an additional speech and scrolling prompter for a super VIP. It did the job with flying colors. Obviously I'd love to have voice recognition and all of the bells and whistles but we got through the event and the VIP didn't need to use the notes that were on the lecturn. Great product that will be installed on all of my production computers from here on out.
Worth every penny
I would put Presentation Prompter up against some professional teleprompting software programs (with attendant scroll hardware and setup).
Easy to use, works perfectly, and allows for amateur on-the-fly prompting.
Positives: Bookmark capabilities, spellcheck (etc.), smooth running and easy control, easy to use, can import word and text files, etc.
Negatives: Wish that it had stored formatting by speaker (but that’s a very advanced, little-used feature). Wish it had a built-in, on-prompter speaker timer that counted down instead of up. These two things are very minor, however.
Can be used in a professional, large-event setting with professonal keynote speakers who are used to all kinds of teleprompting setups.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ripeware, LLC
- 6.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.6.8 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Ripeware, LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.