Presentation Prompter turns your Mac into a teleprompter and helps you deliver successful presentations. It is built for live performers, newscasters, actors, public speakers, narrators, and anyone who has ever used cue cards or read from a script. Write or import scripts, then scroll them smoothly on one or more screens.
– Smooth scrolling, GPU–accelerated and tuned for particular hardware.
– Precision speed controls let you accommodate any speaking rate or text size.
– Dual–screen prompting displays your script on a second screen. Optionally flip the script only on the other screen if you’re using a mirror enclosure.
– Teleprompter operators can see exactly what the talent sees on their own screen, resulting in better communication between the operator and talent.
– Minimize talent eye movement with one–click margins.
– Maintain your reading position with an adjustable focus arrow.
– Never run over your allotted time! Show a clock and remaining time estimate below your script for time–awareness.
– Prevents accidental edits, screen saver activation, and other interferences while prompting.
– Mark sections of interest and jump to them instantly with bookmarks. Great for rehearsing a difficult part or managing any large script.
– Control the prompter using your keyboard and trackpad, or use a dedicated remote or controller.
– Write and modify scripts in a dedicated editing environment — there’s no need to use a separate app.
– Highlight speaker names, use a special style for difficult–to–pronounce words, and space lines perfectly to make them easier to read. Use any combination of fonts, colors, and spacing for readability and emphasis.
– Compatible with MS Word and other common file formats to quickly get existing content into Presentation Prompter.
– Print scripts for backup or rehearsal purposes. Ink saver features improve readability and print time.
Fixes problems changing text capitalization.
Fixes other minor bugs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Functional, customizable and reliable for prompting under pressure
Prompter operators who do this professionally become accustomed to some workflows, window and controller behaviors that allow them to work quickly, under high pressure at times… like rapidly getting an edit into the script during a commercial break before going back to prompt mode, or quickly identifying rundown items and punching forward and back to bookmarked lines when rehearsing a script out of sequence.
In this app, the key features… Bookmarks, scroll behaviors, toggling between modes, accessing these one-handed from a USB controller like a ShuttlePro or ShuttleExpress... are all acceptable and can be configured to mimic the familiar placement under your hand, and the behavior, of some high-end software.
It’s also easy to learn… I discovered this software in a surprise technical situation where an analog-to-HDMI conversion out of my familiar Windows prompter computer would not work with the client’s displays, and this was the option. With an hour or two to configure the Shuttle controller and test the key prompter features and behaviors, it got done. Recommended.
Worth every penny
I would put Presentation Prompter up against some professional teleprompting software programs (with attendant scroll hardware and setup).
Easy to use, works perfectly, and allows for amateur on-the-fly prompting.
Positives: Bookmark capabilities, spellcheck (etc.), smooth running and easy control, easy to use, can import word and text files, etc.
Negatives: Wish that it had stored formatting by speaker (but that’s a very advanced, little-used feature). Wish it had a built-in, on-prompter speaker timer that counted down instead of up. These two things are very minor, however.
Can be used in a professional, large-event setting with professonal keynote speakers who are used to all kinds of teleprompting setups.
We've bought most of the teleprompter software available for the Mac. This is the most flexible and most stable that we've seen to date.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.