Email for people who use folders
Download Preside for calm control of your email.
Preside is a full featured email client that allows you to perform all of your email management from your mobile device. No more waiting to get back to the desktop for organizing, assigning categories, sending or doing anything else with an email. No more reading emails twice.
Preside improves your productivity and gives back valuable time. With Preside, you can file emails in seconds, even if you have thousands of folders. Preside gives YOU complete control by allowing you to optimize the app to exactly match your email management style.
Preside is real email. It can do anything a desktop email client can do.
Check out these awesome features:
• Files emails in seconds with predictive filing
• Move emails between accounts
• Copy emails & folders
• Search for destination folders by name
• Shake-to-undo previous filing action
• Batch deletes and moves
• File to favorite folders instantly
• Swipe to file
• Expand & collapse folders
• Find folders by searching
• Add, move, rename, & delete folders
• Off-line operation for later synchronization
• Universal Inbox, Unread, & custom 'Smart' folders
• Show all folders/labels for email
• Mark read/unread
• Batch processing
• Custom multi-step actions
• HTML rich composer
• Always bcc option
• Inline images
• Send attachments from iCloud, Dropbox, & more
• Offline, full-text email search
• Search by date, sender, subject, or anything else
• Perform actions on search results
• Stored searches
• Search history
Tags & Categories
• Assign Exchange categories to emails
• Tag emails with IMAP Keywords
• Browse categories
• Show all emails for a category
• Show all cagetories in email
• Color emails based on category
• Edit/Add senders to iOS contacts
• Quickly view all messages from any sender
• Search To's, From's, Cc's, & entire message.
Tasks & ToDos
• Add emails to iPhone Calendar
• Add emails Reminders, Exchange/Outlook & Toodledo
• Add emails to OmniFocus, Appigo Todo, Things, The Hit List, Evernote, Drafts, Notebooks & more
• Manage tasks in Reminders, Exchange/Outlook, & Toodledo
• Configurable swipe actions
• Over 20 different color themes
• Quickly change multiple options using Presets
• Make the app look exactly like the iOS app
• Configurable buttons, fonts, & everything else
• Split Screen Multi-Tasking
• Multi-pane layout
• Single-tap predictive filing
• Drag and drop
• Personalized layout options
• Keyboard shortcuts
• Enhanced for 3D Touch
• iOS Share extension support
• S/Mime encryption
• Email threading with conversation view
• Defer/Snooze emails
• Passcode lock with Touch ID
• Pull to sync
• Speak emails
• Real-time sync progress
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
Please contact us for any & all support issues. We'll help you to get the app working the way you like.
Here's some more information that might be helpful:
• Preside stores all information directly on your phone.
• Our servers do NOT have access to your email or account information
• All email communication is between your device and your email account.
In app purchases
• Preside really is free. We hope you'll purchase Premium, which adds some cool features, but none of those are essential to using the app. Please visit our website at: preside.io to learn more about Premium.
• Office 365
• IMAP (gmail, Rackspace, Yahoo, AOL, Comcast, iCloud, & any other modern email account).
• POP3 (not recommended)
Former Blackberry users
• If you're missing features from your Blackberry that you'd like to see implemented in Preside, please contact us.
• Preside is fully private. Preside doesn't transmit emails or account information to our servers.
• Support for use of custom system fonts
• Show password when adding account
• Share links to email
• Predefined reply template option with signature at very bottom
• WebDav accounts don't work properly
• EWS accounts can sporadically re-download everything
• Dragging email into Notes app causes crash
• Dashboard search icons don't appear correctly in dark modes
• Unicode punctuation in searches can cause error to be reported
• Other bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
A rich, well thought out email app
I think it's Preside for me.
* It's quite a rich and well though out email app, with a huge depth and breadth of features. It might take some getting used to, but it's worth the small effort involved if you like playing with apps and getting the most out of them.
* The developer is responsive and thorough in his responses.
* You not only can easily file emails in folders (the first thing I was looking for), you can also easily go to a folder using the folder search feature. That is super convenient.
* It has a proper "Send Again" like standard Apple Mail. You would be surprised at the number of iOS mail clients which don't have this important feature, including Outlook, Gmail, and Spark.
* The ability to customize the top bar and pop up in different contexts (reading Mail, composing) is great. You can add the tools you use and remove ones of less interest. I added the Thread feature to the top bar, which makes reading threads easier. And you can touch each item in a thread to see the full email in formatted detail.
* You can also customize the tab bar, which appears the same in different contexts. For example you can add inboxes there as an easy way to get back to inboxes from anywhere.
* Notifications allow you to set different actions when you long touch them. Clever.
There are a few things I'm going over with the developer, but as I said, he's very responsive
Pro iOS E-Mail App with Top Notch Support
A few years ago, I came to realize that my system for archiving emails, a collection of nested folders that had grown to over 150, was unmanageable. It was taking me 20 to 30 seconds to file each email.
After reviewing alternative strategies, I landed on tagging and archiving. This works great for exchange email accounts on the desktop (using categories). However, almost all iOS apps I tried included folders as a feature (but not categories/tags) until I found Preside.
Preside handles the simple tagging function well, but takes it to the next level. You can create simple automation with one click that both adds a specific named tag on an email and archives it. I can process dozens and dozens of emails I want in no time flat.
I’ve enjoyed the app so much, I decided a year ago to purchase a premium subscription. I renewed for a second year. You get most of the productivity features without the premium subscription, but this is an app I’m wiling to pay for the subscription just to support the developers. I’ve had a couple of support queries and they responded quickly and were helpful in solving my issues.
Thanks for making a great app.
Solid Email App, Could Be Great
For years, I've wanted an email app that would download my entire email archive to my iPad and index it all. I had given up on that dream, and then I heard about Preside. That feature works *exactly* as I hoped it would, and its search easily beats every other email app I've tried. (I have over 70,000 emails in my twelve-year archive for the non-profit I work for, all in a plain vanilla IMAP account.) There are a few, small features lacking in this app (robust keyboard shortcuts, better handling of attachments, and automation—either via Shortcuts or a URL scheme), and if those were to be added, it would be a great email app.
It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the app on first launch, but all you need to do is take a little bit of time to explore the various settings. They also have a support page on their site that walks you through the options, and I found that very helpful. It took me a few weeks to get the app set up the way I wanted it to be.
I'm very happy that this app exists, and it's now my daily email driver.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 93.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Unrestricted Web Access
- © GoodHumans 2014-2023
- In-App Purchases
- Preside Premium - 1 year subscription $24.99
- Preside Premium - 1 month subscription $4.99