SL Remote-AI for iPad® provides remote control of nearly all of the mixing functions of PreSonus StudioLive™ AI-series mixers. SL Remote-AI connects wirelessly to any StudioLive AI-series mixer on the same wireless network, freeing the sound person to move around the venue while making adjustments to the mix and empowering musicians to take control of their monitor mixes. Multiple iPads running SL Remote-AI can simultaneously control the same StudioLive AI-series mixer, and it can operate simultaneously with Virtual StudioLive-AI (Mac®/Windows®), QMix™-AI (iPhone®/iPod touch®), and hardware control.
SL Remote-AI requires an iPad and StudioLive AI-series mixer connected to the same wireless router-based network. SL Remote-AI is not compatible with classic StudioLive models (16.0.2, 16.4.2, or 24.4.2).
• Provides wireless control over any StudioLive AI-series digital mixer
• Overview page displays levels, mutes, panning, EQ curves, and Fat Channel processing for multiple channels at once
• Subgroup, main, and digital-return assign control for all channels
• Dynamics and EQ control for all channels, auxes, subgroups, and mains
• Aux and FX Mix Send control for all channels
• FX type recall and parameter control including tap tempo
• Aux page shows the levels, panning, GEQ, and Fat Channel processing for the aux and internal FX buses
• GEQ page lets you adjust the Main-bus graphic EQ
• GEQ Draw mode allows you to draw GEQ curve
• Channel Zoom page shows every parameter for a single channel
• Control any StudioLive AI mixer on the wireless network from one iPad
• Multiple iPads can control the same StudioLive AI mixer
• Remotely recall scenes stored on your StudioLive AI-series mixer
• Channel and bus naming
• Talkback On/Off
• Talkback assignments
• Remote control over VSL-AI’s Smaart System Check Wizards (requires VSL-AI connected via FireWire to an AI-series StudioLive mixer)
• Set permissions on your StudioLive AI-series mixer so SL Remote-AI can control one or all aux mixes, complete FOH control, or lock out a user entirely
• Offline demo mode
Compatible with iPad only. Requires iOS 6 or later. iPad must be connected to the same wireless network as a StudioLive AI-series mixer running firmware version 5651 or later.
Improved fader interaction
Various bug fixes
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH iOS 11+
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but got janky with ios11
I have been using this app for sometime and have been greatly blessed by it. But now on ios11 it cannot switch back and forth between landscape and portrait without going wonky. I have to lock my screen in landscape and then enter the app in order to use it in that orientation. Please fix! Thanks
Developer Response ,
Very sorry for the bad experience, but in fact, SL Remote-AI was deprecated three years ago when it was replaced by UC Surface. We left it up on the app store as a convenience to our users who wanted to continue using it before switching to UC Surface, but it is no longer developed or updated or supported since 2014 and so it is actually not supported on iOS 11.
If you have a StudioLive AI mixer and you're using iOS 11, you must either update to UC Surface which is the current app for the AI mixers, or use an older version of iOS that supports SL Remote-AI.
Needs some work
Great app, especially with the improved fader action, but as a heavy Presonus user, and coming from the classic non AI mixer and app, there's a few things that MUST be fixed to make this useful for live sound. I need to be able to minimize the app and come back to it without having to log back in, or have it crash and start over. Furthermore it needs to go to where it was when I left off, wether it's an aux mix or whatever. Also if I link a pair of channels they should link in the aux mix also.
Good app but needs a little work
Overall this is a great app, but it has two primary weaknesses:
1) Activity isn't seen by OS and screen goes to sleep in during a session
2) Needs to keep connection to board during switch to other apps (or automatically and instantly reconnect).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.