PreTest is the closest you can get to seeing the test before you take it. Written by clerkship faculty and reviewed by students who know what it takes to pass, this app is perfect for clerkship exam review and the USMLE Step 2 CK. Completely updated for the new DSM-5, PreTest Psychiatry puts everything you need to know right at your fingertips.
Based on the 14th edition of Psychiatry: PreTest Self-Assessment and Review, this starter pack app includes 50 free questions in 13 major topics. For a more comprehensive review, a set of 500 cards including questions, answers, and detailed explanations is available via in-app purchase. Topics include:
· Evaluation, Assessment, and Diagnosis
· Human Behavior: Theories of Personality and Development
· Human Behavior: Biologic and Related Sciences
· Disorders Seen in Childhood and Adolescence
· Neurocognitive Disorders and Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
· Schizophrenia and Other Psychiatric Disorders
· Mood Disorders
· Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, Trauma- or Stressor-Related, Somatic Symptom and Dissociative Disorders
· Personality Disorders, Human Sexuality, and Miscellaneous Syndromes
· Substance-Related Disorders
· Psychopharmacology and Other Somatic Therapies
· Law and Ethics in Psychiatry
Test your overall knowledge by answering randomly generated questions from all categories within a topic or target areas of weakness by focusing on a specific category. Monitor your progress easily using the circular indicator highlighting the questions in each category and the percent completed.
This dynamic app also allows you to flag questions as you go, thus allowing for easier review of problem areas. You can even create a customized quiz composed solely of these flagged questions. Detailed analytics allow you to review your quiz history and statistics like weekly progress and category strengths and weaknesses.
· 500 USMLE-style questions and answers
· Completely updated for the new DSM-5
· Detailed explanations for right and wrong answers
· Targets what you really need to know for exam success
· Easily track progress and customize your study plan
· Student tested and reviewed
By offering a rigorous review of key concepts and facts, this app gives users the knowledge they need to master the USMLE and medical boards and begin rewarding professional careers.
Have a question or would like to share your feedback? Please send us an email at: McGraw-Hill.Education@gwhizmobile.com
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome app to help review diagnostics and theory for counseling
- gWhiz, LLC
- 11.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- PreTest Psychiatry Expansion Pack $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.