PreviewAR is the easiest way to view your own custom 3D models in the real world!
Import your own 3D model file (.obj, .dae, .3ds or .fbx) and optional texture maps to see your fully-textured model in the world around you using Augmented Reality.
Using the iOS Files app, you can import files from anywhere on your device, and texture your model with either a selection of plain colours, or a single JPG/PNG texture map, or even use an MTL file and import multiple textures! PreviewAR features gesture control and powerful resizing capabilities; no 3D artist's toolkit is complete without this. preview your assets at any size, anytime, anywhere!
With the new and improved Head's-Up Display (HUD), you can now tap-to-hide for a completely immersive AR experience, or swipe up/down to toggle the advanced control drawer where you have more control over your model than ever before.
Useful across a range of industries, there are an increasing number of ways that PreviewAR can be used. Current uses of the platform include:
- Fast-tracking the prototyping phase for physical products and sets
- Easily inspecting and reviewing 3D assets for custom VR/AR content
- Real-world-scale previews of construction projects on-site
- Displaying VFX characters or elements while supervising on-set.
All from your iPhone or iPad!
- Import an .obj file from anywhere on your iOS device (iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox etc)
- Texture your model with either a single colour or a simple .jpg diffuse map
- Or use Advanced Texture Mode: Import an MTL file and multiple image files for complex textures!
- Set the model's unit of measurement and define specific dimensions
- All units and measurements are in real-world-scale
- Support for files modelled with the Y Axis as Up
- Adjust the Height Offset of your asset, so you can sink/raise a house model into the ground to view the asset from above or below
- Live statistics on camera information like Tilt and Camera Height, in addition to information about your model, i.e. current height and the distance from your device. These windows can be toggled on or off from the HUD advanced control drawer.
- Adjust the Opacity & Specularity in real-time
- Shadow Mode to see the affect of a harsh single-light setup on the model
- Quick shortcuts for snapshotting the scene to your Camera Roll or for recording a session within the scene
- Customisable HUD: swipe down to hide the HUD drawer or tap-to-hide for a full-screen AR experience
Questions or suggestions? Feel free to contact me with any issues you're having:
Thank you for your support, I'm a student developer working in the Film & TV industry, building apps in my spare time. I've got many more features planned for PreviewAR, hopefully you'll get to see them soon!
- Improvements to lighting and shadow modes
- Better support for texture files with the MTL advanced setup
- A couple of stability fixes
Any issues please contact: email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome App! Fantastic Developer
Meets all my expectations and more. Toby is wonderful!
- Toby Duffy
- 39 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Toby Duffy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.