PreviewAR is the easiest way to view your own 3D assets in the real world!
Import your own static or animated 3D model file (OBJ, USD, DAE, FBX, 3DS) from anywhere on your device and see your fully-textured asset in the world around you at accurate scale using Augmented Reality.
"The app is great. I’ve been really enjoying using it ... I’m currently using the app to preview assets so that I can work out framing issues and be confident of final compositions." - VFX Supervisor, ILM
"PreviewAR provides a wonderful shortcut to viewing a 3D asset and sharing that experience with others in the room, without need for a headset. Its application on a sound stage is quite amazing - it's allowed us to quickly see a potential set build without harming the budget." - Art Director, Painting Practice
SIMPLE & MINIMAL
The on-screen controls let you adjust all aspects of the scene without getting in the way. The controls are split into two halves; the Asset controls and the Scene controls. Each button shows the individual controls when necessary. The interface can also be totally hidden for a completely immersive AR experience - just tap on any empty area of the scene.
The camera emulation toolkit lets Set Designers, Art Directors and VFX Supervisors see their designs and characters through the camera setup of their choice. Focal lengths can be simulated up to 1000mm, and sensor crop ratios can be emulated for a range of popular cinema cameras. Automatic masking of any cast or crew in front of the asset adds an extra layer of realism when visualising the scene.
SECURE & PRIVATE
The best part is that all of this is available from your iPhone or iPad! There are no external servers or processing hosts involved - every asset you import into the app stays on-device and isn't uploaded or downloaded anywhere else. Perfect for NDA-restricted or sensitive assets that can't be uploaded to other cloud-based products.
• Import supported 3D files (.obj, .usd, .dae, .3ds or .fbx) from anywhere on your iOS device
• Control your model's units of measurement, toggle Y-Axis-Up and define specific dimensions, all in real-world scale
• Precisely control each asset's scale, rotation, and X/Y/Z position
• Manually texture your model with default colors, an image diffuse map, or use an MTL file for complex textures
• The Capture button lets you quickly snapshot the current scene to your Camera Roll
• NDA-friendly workflow with no offsite storage or processing - everything happens locally on-device
• People Occlusion on compatible devices masks your asset from anyone in the foreground
Get access to all features by getting a Pro subscription to support future development:
• Place multiple assets into the scene at once
• Use the Camera emulation toolkit for crop sensor overlays and simulated focal lengths to get your scene as accurate as possible
• Hold the Capture button to record and save a video session of the scene
• A Lock Scene button to stop any touch-based interaction from modifying your scene
• Toggle the Burn-in for live statistics like camera tilt & height, asset height & distance, and a running timecode.
• Toggle a harsh "Shadow Lighting" mode to see the affect of a single-light setup on the model. Hold the shadow button to control the direction
Questions or suggestions? Feel free to contact me:
I'm a student developer working on this app in my spare time - I've got many more features planned for PreviewAR, stay tuned!
• Brand new "active asset" indicator shows you which asset in the scene is currently active, or where it is if it's not visible on-screen
• Custom Camera Sensor/Filmback sizes are now available! Add all your special custom recording frame sizes based on either resolution or aspect ratio
• Some performance improvements for when the AR scene is hidden behind the Settings view
• Small UI improvements
As always, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns, questions or suggestions!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome App! Fantastic Developer
Meets all my expectations and more. Toby is wonderful!
- Toby Duffy
- 91.3 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch), iPad Pro (11‑inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation), iPad (7th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (11‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (4th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (7th generation).
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Toby Duffy
- In-App Purchases
- PreviewAR Pro Monthly $2.49
- PreviewAR Pro Yearly $21.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.