The industry-leading augmented reality app for film and video production, now with a host of revolutionary new features!
Made for independent studios and used by world-renowned production companies, PreviewAR is the easiest way to view your 3D characters and objects in the real world using technology you already have.
PreviewAR supports most major 3D file formats, including OBJ, USD, DAE, FBX. Download now and see your animated, textured characters and objects live on-set.
"The app is great. I’ve been really enjoying using it ... I’m currently using the app to preview assets so that I can work out framing issues and be confident of final compositions.”
VFX Supervisor, ILM
"PreviewAR provides a wonderful shortcut to viewing a 3D asset and sharing that experience with others in the room, without need for a headset. Its application on a sound stage is quite amazing - it's allowed us to quickly see a potential set build without harming the budget.”
Art Director, Painting Practice
IMMERSIVE & ACCURATE
PreviewAR uses real-world scale to show your models as accurately as possible. Along with people + environment occlusion, your models will be deeply incorporated into the environment, and the full-screen immersive AR display means the scene can come alive right before your eyes.
CLEAN & INTUITIVE
The on-screen controls let you adjust all aspects of the scene without getting in the way. Change lighting angles, scale models and adjust positions using the Adjustment Wheel for ultimate accuracy. The interface can also be totally hidden for a completely immersive AR experience - just tap on any empty area of the scene.
SECURE & PRIVATE
There are no external servers or processing involved with PreviewAR - every model you import into the app stays on your device and isn't uploaded or downloaded anywhere else. Perfect for NDA-restricted or sensitive assets that can't be uploaded to other cloud-based products.
PreviewAR offers a Pro subscription level for access to more advanced features, tailor-made for those on-set:
- Multiple Models: Add as many models as you want into your scene at once. Perfect for planning out shots with lots of elements that have to work together.
- Camera Simulation: The Camera Toolkit lets Cinematographers, Directors and VFX Supervisors see their designs and characters through the camera setup of their choice. Choose from over 200 cinema camera formats and frame rates to simulate, or add your own custom setup!
- Lens Simulation: As part of the Camera Toolkit you can also simulate your desired lenses. Simply choose your focal length and anamorphic squeeze factor and you're ready to go.
- Collaborative Sessions: This revolutionary feature allows multiple devices can now share an AR scene in real-time. Give your Directors, DOPs, Clients devices to view and frame the scene through while you make edits on your device. Updated instantly and locally with up to 4 devices.
- Scene Saving: Speed up your workflow by saving and loading entire scenes! Save your scene using the new button under the 'Global' menu, and load in scenes using the new area in the 'Add' model list.
- Live Data: See live camera and model data as you move about your scene, including camera tilt, height, focal length, frame rate and aspect ratio.
- Scene Recording: Capture the scene for later review and reference using the scene record feature. A video is captured of your scene (with or without the app controls) and saved on your device for later use.
Questions or suggestions? Feel free to contact me:
- Better handling of large scale models
- Fixed video recording not saving in some cases
- All models in a scene can now be manually translated together
- Snapshot images have been improved
- UI/UX improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome App! Fantastic Developer
Meets all my expectations and more. Toby is wonderful!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Toby Duffy
- 89.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Game Controller
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Toby Duffy
- In-App Purchases
- PreviewAR Pro Monthly $12.99
- PreviewAR Pro Yearly $59.99
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.