Stay at your best with Primary Care RAP. “RAP” stands for Reviews and Perspectives. Each month we bring you the latest and greatest from host and Editor-in-Chief Dr. Rob Orman, joined by experts from across the field, tailored exactly to your needs as a Primary Care clinician. It’s funny, it’s smart and it’s truly irresistible medical education.
• Love listening. With over 42 hours a year of concise, up-to-date education, Primary Care RAP is so much fun, it will quickly become your go-to podcast. You’ll find ways to improve your practice every time you listen.
• Save time by listening on any device, anywhere, including during your commute or while you’re waiting at the doctor’s office. You’ll take care of your CME requirement while you’re at it. Complete the quick assessment on our website with a paid account.
• Learn with the best. Hippo Education is accredited by the ACCME as a direct CME provider. Listening to Primary Care RAP keeps you current and earns you up to 42 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credit(s)™
About Hippo Education
At Hippo Education we've had our noses to the grindstone of cutting-edge medical education for over 13 years. At Hippo (like Hippocrates) our mission is to deliver delightfully awesome, modern, and entertaining medical education to our medical colleagues around the world.
We are physician-founded and physician-run, so we understand what it’s like to be on the front lines. Even the best of us need help staying up-to-date and practicing the best medicine possible. Our programs are designed for busy clinicians who are tired of the same misguided, antiquated medical education we’ve all endured for so many years.
We combine engaging educators, up-to-date curricula, and Hollywood-caliber production values to create an exceptional education experience. And we use the latest technology and teaching theories to develop and deliver our education and maximize learning. On top of all that, we believe you learn more when you’re entertained; so while we take your education seriously, we have fun while we do it.
We are excited to have you join us on our journey to change medical education for the better!
- add announcement banner for upcoming features or events
- improved compatibility with latest iPhone devices
Ratings and Reviews
Great content when I can get access to what I want.
Love the talks. Very applicable content. Needs to be more easily navigable. Will try to listen to short sections I’m more interested in and won’t allow. Also notice quiz questions are misspelled sometimes or same question asked twice in a row. Downloading doesn’t happen despite requesting it and often have to restart phone to get content to stream. Shouldn’t be so awkward and didn’t have this problem with UC rap app. Needs work, I’m afraid.
App needs work
Episodes take long time to load, and lately it is having trouble downloading episodes as well. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
Add search option to easily search for topics?
Excellent content but a primitive app
I have been using this app for over an year now. The content itself is extremely relevant and good for internal medicine. But the app needs a lot of work:
1. Takes too long to load
2. It does not save the previous audio I was listening to. I have to manually go and re-check each time I reopen the app.
3. The app does not pause when there is audio on another app. For example when using Google Maps my other audio apps pause automatically when I get directions but this does not do the same.
I hope the developers can address these issues.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Hippo Education, Inc.
- 1.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2014-2021 Hippo Education, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.