Primer is a synth equipped with the most essential controls and nothing more. Created by Audible Genius, it is an exact replica of the synth used in their award-winning synthesizer training app, Syntorial. As such, Primer contains the most common controls found on most subtractive/analogue synths, allowing for a wide variety of patches and sounds, while presenting a simple and easy-to-understand interface and layout.
Included with the Primer app is the AUV3 App Extension, allowing you to open multiple instances of Primer inside popular DAW apps like Garageband, Cubasis, and AudioBus.
- Subtractive synthesis.
- Three Oscillators (Two with Waveform, Pitch, Pulse Width, and Mix controls, and a Sub oscillator with Waveform and Volume controls).
- Saw, Pulse, Triangle and Sine waveforms.
- FM knob.
- Noise Oscillator.
- Oscillator Sync.
- Filter (Low, Band and High Pass) with Resonance and Key Tracking.
- ADSR Filter Envelope.
- ADSR Amp Envelope.
- AD Modulation Envelope.
- LFO with four waveforms, seven destinations, rate, amount, trigger, and mono/poly modes.
- Mono, Legato and Poly Voice Modes.
- Unison with Voice, Detune and Spread controls.
- Ring Modulation.
- Distortion, Chorus, Phaser, Delay, and Reverb effects.
- Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel and Velocity controls.
• New feature: 157 new presets by Spidericemidas, including Basses, Drums, FX, Keys, Leads, Pads, Plucks, and Stabs!
• Bug fix: When using bluetooth headphones, audio is stuck in mono.
• Couple other minor bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Under the guise of being a “beginners’” digital synthesis application, it is far more than that. It’s a good ol’ fashioned 2-oscillator synthesizer with effects, but also has a nice unison expander with 2 or 4 voices. Flexible and powerful, it nicely compliments my temporary my-last-computer-basically-exploded-so-I’m-trying-to-produce-an-album-on-my-ipad-while-I-wait-to-buy-a-new-computer GarageBand workflow. It fills the gap the GarageBand has of not having an actual honest-to-goodness synthesizer.
Purchased my Minimoog in 1973
I have been writing, composing, playing, recording and have 4 albums out globally. One more album to be released in May and another in June. I am only saying this because I have been playing synthesizers for 47 years. This synth isn’t just for beginners, although it’s a great one to use for that purpose. I love it. I am writing my own presets, but the factory presets are great. Nice gift to have and nothing negative to say about it. Thank you!
Great student synth
Awesome tool for learning basic sound synthesis. Clean UI. Great with Syntorial.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.