Principles In Action is a free app that brings to life Ray Dalio’s best-selling book Principles: Life & Work. It combines the complete text of the book with behind-the-scenes video footage and interactive case studies of the principles in action at his company Bridgewater Associates.
Ray is one of the world’s most successful investors and entrepreneurs, and he’s sharing the unconventional principles that helped him create unique results in life and business because he believes they can help any person or organization better achieve their goals.
In addition to the book and supporting cases, the app also includes:
* Take the PrinciplesYou Assessment in app to view results and add friends to compare.
* Compare your assessment with your friends and see their results.
* Take the personality test from the app.
* Daily principle from Ray to help you get more out of life
* Highlighted case-of-the-week and related principles
* Search function across all content in the app, including the full set of principles
* Digital “Coach” to help you easily find the appropriate principles for specific situations you face
* Dedicated section in the app for you to highlight, favorite, develop and record your own and others’ principles
* Additional content from Ray including studies on economics along with regular long form articles published on social media
Principles: Life & Work has been recommended by numerous leaders from all walks of life such as Bill Gates, Arianna Huffington, Marc Benioff, Mark Cuban, P. Diddy, Mike Bloomberg, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kevin Systrom, Jamie Dimon, and many others.
"One of the most important decisions you can make is who you ask questions of."
* You can now download the PrinciplesYou Assessment results in-app as a PDF"
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect mix of business and philosophy
In _Principles_, Dalio synthesizes business management, psychology (even neuroscience), and ethics in a rigorous way, based on decades running a large, successful organization.
It was startling to recognize the gap between the obvious wisdom of some of his principles (be upfront about your and others’ weaknesses) and how businesses actually tend to operate. The sections on identifying, testing, and sorting people were great, too.
Ultimately there are two ways most people and companies can benefit from the ideas in the book, I think. The first is by adopting idea-meritocratic and transparent values—it’s hard psychologically to make that leap but there aren’t that many other barriers. The second way is by transforming the organization so that every decision is highly data-driven (baseball cards, dot collector, etc)—I think operationally that way is harder to achieve and requires more resources to implement but the long-term benefits seem obvious, too.
Great Job Ray
The app idea is great! Kudos to Ray and the dev team great work! The app is super useful as an alternative to the book to navigate principles and find what’s relevant to you when you’re dealing a particular situation. I think Ray Dalio is really trying to make it easy as possible to benefit from his huge experience which is practical and can be applied to anyone’s life no matter their background or industry they work in, and for free! This guy achieved a lot and now he is really focused on simply helping others find wisdom and answers to achieve their own goals too. Wonderful contribution to society, those who use principle know how useful this can be.
Like app and ideas, but...
Great content. The multimedia aspect really enhances it. BUT...you can’t export anything. All the principles I added and all the notes I made are stuck inside the app. For content you are supposed to use to grow and expand your life, this is a really big negative. So far, I haven’t found a way to work around it effectively.
The content and ideas are outstanding. Ray Dalio really has done a great job framing, clarifying and communicating his principles and other groundbreaking ideas. Having those ideas, and anything I add, stuck in the app is a huge limitation. I doubt Ray would like it if he was on this side....
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. Creating an export function for user generated content is currently on our product roadmap, so be on the lookout for it in future updates to the Principles in Action app. In the meantime, if you edit any of your notes or principles you can cut/paste from within the edit function.
Please note that you can submit feedback directly to our Product team, from within Principles In Action, by tapping the Question Mark icon, and then the Notepad icon in the top right.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PRIOS, LLC
- 149.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 PRIOS, LLC.