"In the end, we picked Disconnect as our favorite [privacy] tool because it was the easiest to understand.” The New York Times, February 17, 2016
Super simple to use, Disconnect’s powerful award-winning protection makes your device faster, safer, and better.
- Over 50 million people use our software
- Amazing accolades include winning the 2015 Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations like the EFF and Mozilla
About Privacy Pro:
- Block invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Accelerate page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Unlike browser specific products, Disconnect Pro protects you across all your applications, including mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
- Encrypt DNS requests to keep your internet activity private
Thousands of companies you’ve never heard of build profiles based on your online activity and track you in ways you wouldn’t expect. Everything we do online is subject to surveillance. Disconnect Privacy Pro allows you to better control your data.
Our technology blocks over 5000 trackers, sources of malware and identity theft. We use Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology to set a configuration profile that prevents trackers and hackers from accessing your Internet activity. Unlike full-fledged VPNs this product does NOT slow down your Internet, route your traffic through our servers or mask your IP address.
We don’t log, examine, or store any data you transmit through your use of our VPN. View our full policy here: https://disconnect.me/privacy
NEW: support for dark mode and DNS encryption
FIXES: VPN stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Not sure if it's really doing anything
Doesn’t live up to the hype
While this app may work for other browsers, it stops Safari less than half way through most of the time and completely disables it at other times. Renewing DNS helps for the one search request, then immediately reverts back to the earlier issue. There will be no refund as iTunes does not issue refunds simply for apps that “do not work as expected” so be careful buying this app if you do not have the knowledge to troubleshoot computer problems on your own. While they say they have a support team, and they do respond to emails, it’s more of a “Gee, that’s too bad” type of response than an “let’s work with you and troubleshoot your problem” response. Recommend the developers offer a comment section on their website for customers to bounce ideas off of each other for help. Curious as to why there are so few ratings on this app with the amount of PR they were purported to have received in the news.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry for the inconvenience and have just updated the app, which should resolve the issues you were experiencing. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and we sincerely hope you enjoy the newly updated app.
Easy and it works
I am using the 1.1.0 version of the app. It is easy to use. I am able to connect with Chrome and Safari — no problems. I understand it works with apps too.
To turn on, I did this
- Opened the app
- Turned it on in the menu
The first time, I saw the shield after about 10 seconds. The next times, it was instantaneous.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.