Private Contact is an application to manage on Mac an always encrypted address book to keep your contacts really private and protect your privacy.
• Any document is protected by a password you decide. Only you can read the content
• It works in a way you already know, a list of contact to select in a Master and Details interface
• Selecting a contact you can see and edit details
• You can have a list of categories, any category has a custom colored label
• Assigning a category to any contact you can better organize search sort view your contacts
• You can filter by category, contents, or both.
• Private Contacts is document based, you can have more then one list of contacts for separate purposes
• You can select a document to be opened by default launching the application
• At any document opening the correct password must be provided to open the document
• No way to know the content of any Private Contact document without the right password
• Private Contact uses the powerful rock solid AES•256 algorithm, to encrypt data.
• AES•256 Encode/Decode is provided by the modern Apple Common Crypto, all macOS native.
• If you need it, instant lock with a click
• Contact can be sorted and filtered by content and category
• Master and details interface to easily browse your contacts
• Data can be imported inside Private Contact from your standard Apple Contacts of from CSV or TSV files
• Data can be exported to text files in CSV, TSV, HTML or Custom format, even using your own custom tags
• Includes an embedded PDF user guide
SUPPORTED OS FEATURES
• Tabs for managing many documents in a single window
• Merge all documents in a window
• Full screen
• Autosave Versions
• Automatic resume
• Tags in finder
• Optimized for macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Light Mode and Dark Mode compatible
• Runs on macOS 10.10 and successive
TRY BEFORE BUY
• You can download the application from our site WWW.ECLETI.COM and full test it
• When you decide to buy, you can delete the unlicensed one and buy from here
• Various optimizations
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Crashes most of the times.
Crashes everytime I try to import from my contacts.
Contacted support the reply was: We are in holidays.
Next contact replies: There is a contact crashing the application we can not replicate.
Next contact replies: try to import subset of data and experimenting…
So, I cannot import more than 3 or five contacts and have to close the app instead of saving only.
Than import more 3 or five contacts, I have more than 800 contacts, the support said there is no limitation in number of contacts.
The app crashes even if I do not import any contact.
I should not buy it again.
Does not work
I cannot import my address book into this application.
Great app for keeping sensitive contacts private
“Private Contact” is the perfect app for protecting sensitive contacts that reside in your “Mac Address Book”. If you use you use your “Address Book” for keeping track of passwords, account numbers, etc. your sensitive data is vulnerable. Your “Mac Address Book” is synced to all IOS devices, which are subject to loss or theft. In today’s society, social media sites often can take control of your “Address Book”. “Private Contact” allow you to take your sensitive contacts out of your “Mac Address Book” & place them in “Private Contact”. “Private Contact” ends up being a separate, stand alone, encrypted document, containing all you sensitive contacts. “Private Contact” does not sync & is not available for use by social networking sites. Your “Private Contact” can be backed up by burning it to a CD, something that can’t even be done with your secure notes in the “Mac Key Chain”. Makes you think that it would be better to put your secure notes in “Private Contact” rather than “Mac’s Key Chain”. “Private Contact” is intuitive & well executed, particularly with the additional capability of version 3.0 that allows importing contacts from your “Mac Address Book”. Tension Software, the developer, provides excellent & timely customer support. My rating is 4 stars, only because of a couple of small glitches. When these glitches are resolved in the next release it gets an automatic 5 stars.
This is a follow up review. Six months ago the developer promised that he would very quickly make an updated version to correct the glitches pointed out to him. Based on his responses I was enthused & gave him a high rating. He has not made a single change in 6 months & has stopped responding to email. The app has no way handling "companies" that you might have in your contacts. It does not retain cahnges you might need to make to one of your contacts. There are more issues as well. But for me the lesson learned is don't buy any of his other 25 apps. You'll be left hanging. He's now in the 2 star category.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.