Are you a student pilot or would you like to become a Private or Professional Pilot? RideReady will help make you confident and ready for your FAA Practical Test / Checkride (that combination of flight test and oral quizzing when you will have to go through to receive your Private Pilot certificate) and allow you to impress the examiner with your knowledge of relevant knowledge areas as per the Practical Test Standards and current FAA practices and recommendations.
For the FAA Private Pilot Airplane practical test, topics covered include aerodynamics, weather, instrumentation, regulations, aircraft systems, charts and navigation, avionics, emergencies, procedures, flight planning, FAA special emphasis areas, weight and balance, and much more.
RideReady features more questions than oral exam prep booklets thus helping you be more prepared for a wide variety of realistic questions. Additionally, RideReady's content is also more illustrated and our explanations more detailed to really help you understand the material.
Our RideReady app can offer you speed, power, availability, and flexibility that no book or DVD can. For example, you can tell RideReady which aircraft you fly (from a list of common training aircraft) and RideReady will ask you questions on its systems and operations - just like a real examiner will. Remember: while books are out of date from the moment they're printed, updates are FREE FOR LIFE, meaning that you can get the most up to date quickly and easily through the built-in update mechanism.
Please note that after downloading this app, the app will need to check for updated data from our servers.
RideReady is the smart pilot's secret to checkride success!
* Realistic Checkride Questions - Hundreds upon hundreds of realistic memory, analysis, and scenario type questions taken from practical test exit interviews, key FAA documents, and the combined experience of our editorial team of pilot examiners and flight instructors.
* Unlimited Study and Practice - At your own pace, on your own schedule
* Free Lifetime Updates. Get acquainted with the material weeks or months before your checkride, study hard in the days leading up to it, and then brush up years afterwards.
* Hundreds of Charts and Figures - Illustrate key points and help you learn
* Aircraft-specific information - Includes questions specific to common training aircraft types (just like your examiner will ask) plus the ability to customize values and add your own custom aircraft. Built-in aircraft in this title: Cessna 150, Cessna 152, Cessna 172N/RG/SP, Diamond Katana, Piper Warrior II.
* Current and valid for right now - As soon as you purchase and install this app, use the built-in update feature to get the latest and greatest content that we offer in mere moments. We regularly update the content to keep up with changes in practical test standards, FAA emphasis areas, and aviation technology.
* Thousands of Success Stories - Every year, thousands of pilots use RideReady to learn or brush up the material to make them confident and ready to pass their FAA checkrides. We invite you to be next!
Make sure you are looking at the right app for you!
* This is FAA Practical Test (checkride oral exam) preparation for AIRPLANE PILOTS.
* This is NOT FAA written (knowledge) test preparation. If you want FAA written (knowledge) test preparation, check out our GroundSchool FAA line of products. Many pilots buy both RideReady and our GroundSchool-FAA apps as they work well together.
* Again, this title is for AIRPLANE PILOTS ONLY. This is NOT preparation materials for helicopter, glider, gyroplane, hot air balloon, or other pilots. We have other RideReady titles for different aircraft types, but this one is for AIRPLANE PILOTS ONLY as it contains much information particular to airplanes.
Thank you again for checking out RideReady!
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This much updated version of RideReady has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide better speed, stability, and features for you. RideReady features a massive amount of Airman Certification Standards (ACS) and Practical Test Standards (PTS) compatible learning content to help you prepare for your next checkride. As the amount of illustrated learning content has grown to keep up with technological and FAA emphasis shifts, some devices had trouble keeping up. This new version is totally re-engineered to faster and more stable for all and also features a wealth of improved content from our editorial team consisting of Designated Pilot Examiners, Flight Instructors, and other industry professionals. New features include more flexible rendering options such as user-selectable text size and the ability to save and load sessions between devices using our free cloud sync service. RideReady can help you confident and prepared for your next checkride and with its free lifetime updates will be there for you when you want to review later on down the line.
Ratings and Reviews
Private pilot checkride
Purchased this a month ago. Have had to reload it 4 or 5 times from iTunes from my laptop. Once it crashes on the iPad, I've
not been able to reload it on account that it's already installed. Happy, however, with the content. But, there seems to some serious bugs remaining.
I have tried to use other applications to help me study for various FAA tests but they would have outdated questions or it would only be a final test and not help with the preparation of the test. I believe that the work that was put into this app but all the other apps that they have made is extremely well thought out and done in a fashion that makes it easy for the user to customize what they need to study for and what they are having trouble remember for the test. They also have amazing customer support for any questions that you have or any problems you have with the app. I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to study for an FAA test and be able to study anywhere at anytime.
Feels like 20-30% of the questions/answers are repeats and is not good for quick studying leading up to your Checkride. Is it accurate? Most likely yes and that's why I'm giving it a 3 instead of a 2. I've liked the other private pilot VFR apps from this company but seems like the content has not been cleaned up enough on this yet. It's also funny to see their responses to users submitting questions - responses seem combative and generally point out how wrong their users are. This is a good work in process but needs to be refined.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dauntless Software
- 249.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-Present Dauntless Aviation
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.