Private WiFi is a cloud-based VPN service that protects your privacy, saves you money on your cell phone bill and avoids all those ads – and the tracking cookies that come with them.
First, Private WiFi encrypts everything you do on the Web with bank-level security, so no one can steal your sensitive information.
Private WiFi also compresses data whenever you are connected to a mobile network, which saves you money on your data plan.
Finally, Private WiFi allows you to block obtrusive ads and popups which makes your surfing experience faster, and blocks tracking cookies, so advertisers can’t track the websites you access.
With Private WiFi, you will benefit from…
· Sophisticated Technology - Private WiFi offers a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that uses industry-standard 128-bit encryption, the same proven encryption technology trusted by financial institutions and government agencies.
· Global Accessibility - Private WiFi works everywhere in any hotspot around the world.
· Ad Blocking – Private WiFi can block most ads from the websites that you visit, which means that web pages load faster and you’ll avoid paying for them on your data plan. And the tracking cookies that advertisers use to follow you around the web will be blocked as well.
· Total Anonymity - Private WiFi automatically reroutes your data through an encrypted server in another location, which keeps you anonymous. Your actual location and IP address is never disclosed.
· Simplicity - Private WiFi installs quickly, and takes seconds to connect you to a secure encryption server so you can browse the web securely from any public hotspot.
· Non-Intrusive - It runs invisibly in the background while you browse the web or write an email.
· Dedicated Support - Private WiFi is committed to extraordinary customer service. Real product support from a real person is always available via email.
PRIVATE WiFi has two auto-renewable subscription types available to users:
• Monthly subscription for $2.99
• Annual subscription for $29.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Don’t want a subscription? No problem, we also have Pay As You Go options available:
· 1GB Data on Any Number of Devices for $1.99
· 10GB Data on Any Number of Devices for $7.99
For more information about our Terms of Service, please go here: http://www.privatewifi.com/eula/.
Improved handling of server locations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Password changed in 1969?
Was great for a year but then update happened & now says my password was changed in 1969?? I didn't change my password so that's insecure! & this App wasn't born in 1969! There needs to be other means of support contact then just email. I don't have email any longer & cant contact to discuss or get help w password. Not good. App should still encrypt for cellular use without wifi connection. Most carriers went to limited data & wifi connection isn't used all the time. What can I do but put this here. Paying for 3 devices other 2 are fine. Didn't update app. Cell Fail.
Private Wi-Fi vs 188.8.131.52
I have been using the 184.108.40.206 app since it came out, but decided I'd pay for this service instead (to cover my computer mostly, but had extra devices so I used it on my phone).
Compared to 220.127.116.11 it's a bit of a trade down. This app has a hard time of telling if I am on wifi or not, and when on wifi it has a hard time of establishing a connection to a server.
Once connected it makes most websites not work. I either get warnings that too many people are using the same IP as me, and the site won't let me connect (I get lots of warnings on the home page of the websites I visit).
When it does work, it does what it's supposed to. I am assuming this company is smaller than cloudflare so I know it won't be as smooth with updates and bug fixes. Still a good deal for windows computer though.
Can not update iOS on iPhone when using this app
Can not update iOS on iPhone when using this app. I must uninstall private wifi when updating my iPhone says can not verify. Please advise.
Also on pc will on work on windows 10 until configure windows 10.
Developer Response ,
You would need to disconnect from the servers in order to update. I personally own 5 iOS devices and have never had an issue updating. Please contact us with any issues at support@privatewificom
- Private Communications Corp.
- 39.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Private Communications Corp. 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $2.99
- 1 GB $1.99
- 10 GB $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.