Private WiFi is a cloud-based VPN service that protects your privacy, saves you money on your cell phone bill and avoids all those ads – and the tracking cookies that come with them.
First, Private WiFi encrypts everything you do on the Web with bank-level security, so no one can steal your sensitive information.
Private WiFi also compresses data whenever you are connected to a mobile network, which saves you money on your data plan.
Finally, Private WiFi allows you to block obtrusive ads and popups which makes your surfing experience faster, and blocks tracking cookies, so advertisers can’t track the websites you access.
With Private WiFi, you will benefit from…
· Sophisticated Technology - Private WiFi offers a Virtual Private Network (VPN) that uses industry-standard 128-bit encryption, the same proven encryption technology trusted by financial institutions and government agencies.
· Global Accessibility - Private WiFi works everywhere in any hotspot around the world.
· Ad Blocking – Private WiFi can block most ads from the websites that you visit, which means that web pages load faster and you’ll avoid paying for them on your data plan. And the tracking cookies that advertisers use to follow you around the web will be blocked as well.
· Total Anonymity - Private WiFi automatically reroutes your data through an encrypted server in another location, which keeps you anonymous. Your actual location and IP address is never disclosed.
· Simplicity - Private WiFi installs quickly, and takes seconds to connect you to a secure encryption server so you can browse the web securely from any public hotspot.
· Non-Intrusive - It runs invisibly in the background while you browse the web or write an email.
· Dedicated Support - Private WiFi is committed to extraordinary customer service. Real product support from a real person is always available via email.
PRIVATE WiFi has two auto-renewable subscription types available to users:
• Monthly subscription for $2.99
• Annual subscription for $29.99
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Don’t want a subscription? No problem, we also have Pay As You Go options available:
· 1GB Data on Any Number of Devices for $1.99
· 10GB Data on Any Number of Devices for $7.99
For more information about our Terms of Service, please go here: http://www.privatewifi.com/eula/.
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps my info private
Private WI-FI keeps my info private and find it especially helpful because I am a traveler and move around a lot leveraging local hotspots and coffee shops hotspots. Private Wi-Fi keeps me info safe and secure.
Private WiFi is easy to use and offers terrific protection for your privacy. Recommended!
This is an all around great app. I have read some of reviews. I have also read about some of the frustrations that individuals are having. When changing servers, you will be taken to the website, once there you have to
install the new profile. Once you install the new profile, you have to go and turn your VPN back on. By doing so you will be able to see the server that you manually selected. In regards to being able to contact customer support, there are real people there that do answer the phone. Each time that I have called, they have answered. You may want to get familiar with their website, to find out how everything works. Once you open the app look at the right bottom corner,for the help tab. If a problem arises, contact customer support. Once done, support will give you a ticket number. If you scroll past the ticket number, there is a direct contact number. On another note, they probably have business hours. These people are always helpful. They did not ask me to write a review, I did it for those that may have problems, in regards to using this app. They also told me that they would add this, in the frequently asked questions section.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Private Communications Corp.
- 29.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Private Communications Corp. 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $2.99
- 1 GB $1.99
- 10 GB $7.99
- Annual $29.99