Are you a student HELICOPTER pilot or would you like to become a Private or Commercial Helicopter Pilot? RideReady will help make you confident and ready for your FAA HELICOPTER Practical Test / Checkride (that combination of flight test and oral quizzing when you will have to go through to receive your Private Pilot and/or Commercial Pilot certificate) and allow you to impress the examiner with your knowledge of relevant knowledge areas as per the Practical Test Standards and current FAA practices and recommendations.
This app will prepare you for BOTH your FAA Private Pilot Helicopter and Commercial Pilot Helicopter practical tests. Topics include: Helicopter Aerodynamics, weather, charts, maneuvers, regulations, systems, and much more.
RideReady features more questions than oral exam prep booklets thus helping you be more prepared for a wide variety of realistic questions. Additionally, RideReady's content is also more illustrated and our explanations more detailed to really help you understand the material.
Our RideReady app can offer you speed, power, availability, and flexibility that no book or DVD can. For example, you can tell RideReady which aircraft you fly (from a list of common training aircraft) and RideReady will ask you questions on its systems and operations - just like a real examiner will. Remember: while books are out of date from the moment they're printed, updates are FREE FOR LIFE, meaning that you can get the most up to date quickly and easily through the built-in update mechanism.
Please note that after downloading this app, the app will need to check for updated data from our servers.
RideReady is the smart pilot's secret to checkride success!
* Realistic Checkride Questions - Hundreds upon hundreds of realistic memory, analysis, and scenario type questions taken from practical test exit interviews, key FAA documents, and the combined experience of our editorial team of pilot examiners and flight instructors.
* Unlimited Study and Practice - At your own pace, on your own schedule
* Free Lifetime Updates. Get acquainted with the material weeks or months before your checkride, study hard in the days leading up to it, and then brush up years afterwards.
* Hundreds of Charts and Figures - Illustrate key points and help you learn
* Helicopter-specific information - Includes questions specific to the following common training helicopters: Robinson R22, Robinson R44, Schwizer S300C, Schwizer S300 CB/CBi.
* Current and valid for right now - As soon as you purchase and install this app, use the built-in update feature to get the latest and greatest content that we offer in mere moments. We regularly update the content to keep up with changes in practical test standards, FAA emphasis areas, and aviation technology.
* Thousands of Success Stories - Every year, thousands of pilots use RideReady to learn or brush up the material to make them confident and ready to pass their FAA checkrides. We invite you to be next!
Make sure you are looking at the right app for you!
* This is FAA Practical Test (checkride oral exam) preparation for HELICOPTER PILOTS.
* This is NOT FAA written (knowledge) test preparation. If you want FAA written (knowledge) test preparation, check out our GroundSchool FAA line of products. Many pilots buy both RideReady and our GroundSchool-FAA apps as they work well together.
* Again, this title is for HELICOPTER PILOTS ONLY. This is NOT preparation materials for airplane, glider, gyroplane, hot air balloon, or other pilots. We have other RideReady titles for different aircraft types, but this one is for HELICOPTER PILOTS ONLY as it contains much information particular to helicopter / rotary-wing operations.
Thank you again for checking out RideReady!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
This much updated version of RideReady has been rebuilt from the ground up to provide better speed, stability, and features for you. RideReady features a massive amount of Airman Certification Standards (ACS) and Practical Test Standards (PTS) compatible learning content to help you prepare for your next checkride. As the amount of illustrated learning content has grown to keep up with technological and FAA emphasis shifts, some devices had trouble keeping up. This new version is totally re-engineered to faster and more stable for all and also features a wealth of improved content from our editorial team consisting of Designated Pilot Examiners, Flight Instructors, and other industry professionals. New features include more flexible rendering options such as user-selectable text size and the ability to save and load sessions between devices using our free cloud sync service. RideReady can help you confident and prepared for your next checkride and with its free lifetime updates will be there for you when you want to review later on down the line.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it is supposed to… needs improvement
If you’re expecting to be able to generate practice test, don’t download this app.
The app has many great questions and is a good way to study.
The app seems to run properly and is t complicated
Great app but, it would be much better if it could generate practice tests.
Excellent app and content, really helping my study
Ignore those bad reviews from several years ago. This app is now top notch, running fine on my iPad, and the content is broad and thorough.
They now have a selector for rotor direction, questions specific to R22, R44, and Schweitzers.
If you do happen to find an issue with a question or answer, there is a very easy feedback built right in, and they clearly act on the feedback. For example, on a question about Altimeter vs GPS, they incorporated a note from a user about the difference in the sphere model used. Maybe not necessary for the check ride, but I’m not studying for the check ride, I’m studying to be a safe and knowledgeable pilot. The check ride is just a gate to get through.
So please, don’t let those old reviews scare you — this app is a great learning tool.
Useful app but...
This is a useful study application if you're working towards your private or commercial helicopter certification. It gives you series of questions and answers in flashcard format - question on one side, answer on the flip side. It also gives you information pertaining to the question and answer directly from the POH, Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge, etc. However, in my opinion, it's NOT worth the price. It's a great study aid and I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into making it, but if I was given the option to buy it again, I doubt I would. If it were $10 or less, it would have gotten a higher rating from me.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dauntless Software
- 150.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-Present Dauntless Aviation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.