Prizmo is a universal photo-based scanner app that lets you scan and recognize text documents, business cards, and images, and then export them as PDF/Text, vCard, or JPEG/PNG. Prizmo relies on state-of-the-art technologies, like a highly accurate OCR, real-time page detection, and beautiful image cleanup. Using iCloud, you can even shoot the picture on your iPhone, and finish editing on your iPad or Mac. All of this in an elegant and intuitive user experience.
Prizmo is made for everyone, and is thus fully compatible with VoiceOver. It provides voice guidance to help position your iPhone when taking document pictures, and will find the text orientation automatically if it's turned left, right or upside down. Prizmo's quick capture mode provides a fast path from picture to speech synthesis for an improved workflow, and it provides a high-quality voice reader (individual voices available as in-app purchases).
** New Features **
• Handoff support for offering simple interactions between your iPhone, iPad and Mac.
• Documents support to import images and export results to any installed cloud services (including iCloud Drive)
• 1 extension available from the built-in Photos app: Crop & Cleanup
• 3 extensions (or Actions) available from other apps: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
** Specific Document Processing **
• Text Documents - Use interactive text recognition and editing, and avoid retyping the text.
• Business Cards - Extract information (first and last names, company, job title, phone numbers, email, website, address) to create contacts on the phone or share them as vCard
• Images - Capture, improve, and share any images (whiteboards, ads, paintings...)
** Key Features **
• Input Options: iPhone’s camera, import from the Photo Album, import images or PDFs from other apps
• Image processing: rotation, crop, perspective correction, image cleanup (remove uneven lighting, paper texture)...
• Improved OCR preprocessing for better recognition results
• Highly accurate OCR technology in 40+ languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, German, English, Basque, Belarussian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Swahili, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
• No Internet connection required for image processing and performing OCR. No confidential data sent
• Text-to-speech available through in-app purchases: 65 high-quality voices in 20 languages for reading scanned texts
• Many export options and formats: resulting image/PDF/vCard can be sent by mail, or to any other app like Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive...
• Text translation available in 40+ languages (using Microsoft translation web service)
• Extensions: Crop & Cleanup, Capture Text, Read Text
• Handoff support
• Full 64-bit support
** More info & Feedback **
More information is available at creaceed.com/iprizmo/about
You can contact the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
iOS 12-related bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect but feels abandoned
I freaking love this app. It's the best app for scanning I could find but it makes me very sad the last update was 7 months ago. It feels like the team abandoned the app. It bothers me very much it doesn't use the whole screen from iPhone X. Please, don't let this app die.
Developer Response ,
Hi. Thank you for the kind words. No worries, Prizmo is sure still actively developed. /TC
Useful, but minor updates are overdue
Prizmo’s core functionality works really well. Being able to scan and OCR documents on any Apple device, or start on one and finish on another (with the Mac version and iCloud) is extremely handy and well-implemented. The controls to adjust the scan make it easy to get the result you want regardless of the document type.
I’ve knocked two stars off for a couple reasons. First, the iPhone X has been out for over a year, and while the app has been updated since then, it still doesn’t fill the screens of newer devices. Given how long the developers have had to do so, this is ridiculous. Second, I really dislike having to wait until I’ve saved a scan before being able to name it. There’s no way to name a file during the scanning process; you have to save everything with a default name, then tap and hold a thumbnail to reveal the “rename” option. This is a strange workflow: nearly all software allows you to choose a file name when saving, and some allows this even earlier (such as when creating a new document in some Adobe applications).
Cannot ID names
This app has been on my phone for several years, it wasn’t bad when I first tried it for scanning business cards. So I launched it today, I see the interface has been updated over the years, I was able to navigate around but it wasn’t easy, took about 15 minutes to get comfortable. It sort of works, I snap pictures if 5 business cards, started to work on the first card, all the OCR captures was the address, no name, no phone number or email address. I played with the recognize feature but name never OCR. Finished first card went to locate the next card but I could not find it in the directory, I had to do each card all the way through to up load to contacts before I take a picture of the next card. The software did not recognize the name on any of my cards, email, company name, job title we’re all hit and miss.
Developer Response ,
Hello. Sorry to hear that you have encountered issues using Prizmo. Could you please get back to us regarding this problem by contacting email@example.com? You can also send us a picture of one of the business cards you tried so that we can test it out here. Thank you. /TC
- Creaceed SPRL
- 80.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Creaceed SPRL
- In-App Purchases
- Heather - US English Female Voice $2.99
- Ryan - US English Male Voice $2.99
- Laura - US English Female Voice $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.