MiraTrex PRO CHARTS™ is a powerful, yet easy-to-use marine navigation solution. Whether you’re a fisherman, weekend cruiser, sailor, jet-skier, or an offshore captain needing to find an exact location hundreds of miles offshore, PRO CHARTS™ will get you there and back home safely – with nothing more than your iPhone or iPad.
The free evaluation version displays standard satellite, road, and hybrid maps. An in-app subscription purchase of $2.99/mo or $29.99/yr includes nautical charts, navigational features, and frequent app upgrades.
• High-resolution nautical chart coverage for all U.S. coastal areas, the Great Lakes, major U.S. river systems, and Brazil plus global high-level nautical charts. Charts are automatically updated every 7 days based on NOAA chart corrections.
• Easy one-touch Waypoint and Route creation. Pre-plan your routes at home or create them at sea with equal ease. Just touch the screen to create new waypoints and routes.
• Find your friends on the water. With our new Buddy-tracking feature, you can see and meet up with your friends while you’re out on the water. If you’re on your secret spot and don’t want to be seen, you can hide your location with the touch of a button.
• Stay safe. Easily create and send a Float Plan of your trip to a friend or family member. Your Float Plan and location history can be forwarded to search and rescue personnel in case of an emergency.
• Easy point-and-steer navigation. The red heading bug on the large on-screen compass always directs you to the next point on your route. Navigation is as easy as pointing your boat at the heading bug to stay on course.
• No Network. No Problem. PRO CHARTS™ is designed so no internet connection is required to view your charts while out on the water. You simply download in advance any charts you’ll need at sea with the touch of a button.
• Record your tracks. Track your position in real-time and later view your track history.
• Fully indexed point of interest (POI) database including weather, aids to navigation (markers and lights), obstructions, tides, currents, your buddies, and more.
One year - $29.99
Monthly - $2.99
-Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
-Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
-You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for that product.
-You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in the Apple Settings app after purchase.
-No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. This does not affect your statutory rights.
-Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Though PRO CHARTS™ will function without a GPS as a chart reader, a GPS-enabled device is required for point-to-point navigation. Third-party Bluetooth GPS units are available to enable GPS for iOS devices such as WiFi-only iPads that do not include a GPS receiver. For offline use where no Internet connection is available, charts must be pre-cached while still on-line and connected, any charts downloaded while online will be available for offline use.
Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
GPS spot on
The gps location on my boat is on the money. Thanks
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review.
Good potential, needs work
Using this app for the first time, I found it to be reasonably user friendly, but some features were difficult or impossible to use. I am writing this as a review because the “support” button does not work.
1) The boat icon’s direction is tied to the compass, not the actual track. As you move the phone, the icon turns. It is only correct when the phone is exactly aligned with the center line of the vessel.
2) Tried using the route feature with mixed success. Creating the route was straightforward, but when trying to edit or select a route, the list appeared to have a font of white on white. Same with other fields in the app such as editing a waypoint name. Finally had to give up on routes and use “navigate to point “ repeatedly.
Used on an iPhone 8.
This app has potential, but is not at the quality of a paid app yet.
Developer Response ,
We appreciate the feedback!! Please see below:
1) You can correct for this in PRO CHARTS by changing the Heading Orientation. Just go to the General menu and select GPS instead of True North or Magnetic North under the Heading Orientation option. This means PRO CHARTS will use your movement to determine your heading and compass orientation instead of the iPhone's internal compass. Just keep in mind that if you stop and the internal GPS cannot detect movement, the boat icon direction and compass heading indication may not be reliable.
2)This was a temporary bug that was remedied in a later version.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions. Hopefully we can convince you to give us another shot. Thank you.
Doesn’t matter how good it might be - support is virtually nonexistent
Why sell an app and put out the illusion that you are in business when it takes you weeks to reply to simple questions, if you bother to reply at all?
I had hundreds of waypoints to import that were converted by GPS Visualizer to 8 digits for the fractions after the period - the instructions for this app show 6 digits. Do I need to round or truncate the 8 digits? Can you import tracks? None of which matter now as I cancelled and deleted the app. What an inconsiderate time waster.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we are sorry to hear this but appreciate the time you have taken to post a review. You are able to import tracks into PRO CHARTS using a csv or Excel format. As this is an unusual question we were discussing with our programmers on the best implementation for this request. Our recommendation is to truncate the coordinates to 6 digits. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you are willing to give us another try.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MiraTrex, Inc
- 61.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2021 MiraTrex, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $2.99
- 1 Year Auto Renewing Subscription $29.99
- 1 Year Subscription $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.