Want to have better control of your delivery service? Want to know exactly where your delivery driver is and where he has been in relation to the scheduled deliveries? Want to schedule regular deliveries so that they won't be missed? Want to keep your customers up to date with the status of their delivery? Want to store proof of delivery or collection electronically? Then this is the app for you.
NOTE: This app requires an online account with Pro Delivery Manager.
- Supports multiple depots/branches and multiple courier/delivery driver accounts
- Quick searching of customer database, including optional barcode scanning
- Two-touch scheduling of deliveries & branch collections
- Automatic customer notification of delivery/collection status updates by SMS (optional)
- Automatic optimised routing of scheduled deliveries for van, bicycle or walking
- One-touch optimised re-routing of scheduled deliveries based on current location
- Interactive map showing all scheduled deliveries (colour-coded to delivery status), current location of courier and optimal route
- Grouping of deliveries that share same address
- Recording of delivery/collection outcome including recipient’s signature via touch-screen
- Option to require courier/staff signature for controlled deliveries
- Optimised for use over mobile data connections
- Caches data when no internet connection is available
- Automatic and manual screen-locking for data security
Additional features for pharmacies:
- Scan prescription barcodes using device's camera
- Grouping of deliveries for patients at care homes
- Recording of prescription payment exemption information
The app allows your courier/delivery driver to login and download a list of deliveries scheduled for the date selected. The courier can then mark them as “out for delivery.” The delivery list can be easily searched by name or id of the customer.
The app automatically optimises the delivery route and can provide directions to each customer via iMaps or any other compatible Sat Nav app installed on the device. The app includes a screen that shows all scheduled deliveries and the optimal route on an interactive map.
Whilst in use, the app records the GPS location of the courier and sends this information back to the Pro Delivery Manager database so that your manager can track the location and progress of the courier. Live information is displayed on a Google Map within the online application. Please note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The app can also be used on the collection counter at the branch to record collection of orders.
The results of each delivery or collection from the branch, including on-screen recipient signature, are recorded in the app and synchronised back to the Pro Delivery Manager database next time there is a data connection available.
The app can also send out automated SMS notifications to update the customer on the status of their delivery/collection.
Companies currently using this app have found that their couriers are now working more efficiently as it has encouraged self-regulation. They have also been able to do away with expensive van-tracking hardware and subscriptions. Staff at the branch are able to quickly answer customer queries regarding delivery/collection of items. Full reporting and van tracking data allows business owners to get to grips with how each branch and courier is performing and compare this over a period of time to identify areas for improvement. Tracking data can also be used to identify business mileage for tax purposes.
The app was commissioned by an Independent Pharmacy to meet the specific needs of this business model. Since March 2016 it has been made available to any type of business that runs their own delivery service.
Tags: prodeliverymanager, ePOD, POD, van tracker, prescription delivery
This release fixes a bug in the sequencing of timed deliveries.
- Ian Jones
- 14.6 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Pro Delivery Manager
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.