Introducing Pro HDR X, a complete overhaul of Pro HDR, the world’s most popular HDR camera app.
In 2009, we created Pro HDR, the first full-resolution mobile HDR app ever released. It has won many awards and been purchased over a million times. A massive upgrade, Pro HDR X captures true HDR images automatically and instantly, with dramatically better results than ever before.
"Pro HDR X is far better than Apple's built-in software" -- TUAW
Going way beyond the limited HDR built into iOS, Pro HDR X dynamically analyzes the scene in realtime and provides up to 10 additional stops of dynamic range. For the first time, Pro HDR X now uses *three* separate full-resolution exposures to generate your HDR, giving you maximum dynamic range with minimal artifacts and noise. And we still also offer manual mode for those who wish to select their exposure points by hand. Plus, there’s even a new slider that lets you fine-tune exactly how much HDR effect you want after your shot is captured.
Not only does Pro HDR X feature a massive leap in image quality and speed, we’ve totally redesigned the UI, bringing a modern look and feel to the app. We’ve hand-crafted the interface to perfectly suit each device’s native size and resolution, from 3.5" to 5.5" iPhones. And we haven’t forgotten iPads, which also feature brand new interfaces perfectly suited to their larger screens.
The features don’t end there. Pro HDR X also includes:
• Advanced photo library support, from editing single images to aligning and merging HDRs from two or three bracketed images. We even let you import giant DSLR images from your photo library (up to 24 megapixels) so you can create professional HDRs on the go.
• State-of-the-art image registration and blending. We precisely correct for translation and rotation between images, giving you the sharpest possible images. And of course, our images are saved at full resolution.
• Rear and front camera support (real HDR selfies… yay), self-timer, flash options, digital zoom, cropping, and grid overlay
• Live-updating sliders to perfect your HDR; control HDR strength, brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and tint, or let Pro HDR X pick the best settings for you
• Beautiful filters and frames custom written and designed by us
• Text captions so you can add words to your photos (your choice of font and color)
• Geotag (optional) GPS + Compass / EXIF data saved to your camera roll
• Share your HDRs with the world via built-in iOS sharing support
Still alive! This Pro HDR X update brings all-new 64-bit optimized code for increased performance on modern iOS devices, along with native support for for iOS 9, 10, and 11.
Also fixes some bugs, including an incorrectly zoomed camera view upon launch, and extends front camera support to full resolution. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Dropped a star
This is an okay app but has a few limitations. 1. Processing takes too long. 2. Can't zoom in on the target. 3. Doesn't use iPhone X 2x camera feature. 4. Doesn't rotate properly between landscape and portrait, do had to switch to another app (if using phone with no home button). 5. Doesn't show white or black washes after taking photo or durning post processing of the image in the app.
6. App no longer saves the same picture that is seen on the screen. Picture in photos always darker than actual one in app screen. Perhaps the newest iOS update no longer allows the app to save the proper image? Hmmm.... regardless, I can no longer use this app because the picture is no longer better than the native camera app (FYI - using iPhone X).
Old version worked better
The previous version (before it was called X) worked noticeably better. It seems with the update they just use the iPhone’s built in HDR algorithm to take “instant” HDR’s - as opposed to before when I had to wait for it take 2 exposures and then combine them. The previous method yielded far better results. On top of that, when photos are exported to photo roll they appear about 2 stops darker then they do when I’m editing them in the app, definitely some bug that hasn’t been addressed. It’s unfortunate because I used to love this app and get amazing pictures, but hardly use the new version. Disappointing.
Yay! Thanks for updating this 💕😎✌🏻
This app is great especially when you have a bright background or a dark foreground or vice versa. So happy this app is still alive 😊
It takes 3 photos super fast. Also it allows you to pick three points if you choose to do it manually but you can leave it on auto if you like.
I put it in manual mode so I can drag the blue squares to the foreground and one to the sky so I get a perfect exposure and then I can drag the slider's afterwards. You can get some really amazing photos with this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.