[FOR iOS 8 USERS: get our brand-new app, Pro HDR X. If you're still running iOS 7 or earlier, you should download this app.]
Automatically create stunning full-resolution HDR images with just a single tap! Pro HDR supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod natively, from iOS 4 through iOS 8.
"If you ever take photos using your iPhone, this app is a must-have." - Gizmodo
"If you're looking to take it further than Apple's built-in HDR, Pro HDR is your solution." - AppAdvice Daily
"Pro HDR leaps ahead of the pack... Even if you're not into HDR photography, this is one to check out." - TUAW
"This is an absolutely superb app... you do not need to be an expert to produce beautiful photographs. Cannot recommend enough"
"Best iPhone HDR App, way better than iOS HDR"
"I'm a pro photographer and with this app I get better pictures than I do with my pro equipment!"
"Get it. Goes way beyond Apple's own HDR implementation."
"The best $1.99 I've spent"
"Amazing. This app blows iOS HDR out of the water."
Thanks to Pro HDR, you no longer have to choose between a blown-out sky or a hopelessly dark foreground. Bringing automatic high dynamic range photography to your iPhone for the first time ever, Pro HDR captures an image exposed for the highlights and another exposed for the shadows. It then aligns and merges the images, giving you a gorgeous HDR image at native resolution (up to 12 megapixels) like nothing you've ever seen from such a tiny device.
Unlike fake HDR apps that merely take a single photo and reprocess it (without actually adding any new detail), Pro HDR massively extends the dynamic range of your camera and produces beautiful results that you have to see to believe. Plus, Pro HDR is the first HDR app in the world with an automatic mode. We also provide an assisted Manual mode for those times when you wish to choose your exact exposures. Finally, you can take stunning high-resolution photos of all those scenes that are just too contrasty to capture in a single picture.
Not only will seasoned photographers instantly fall in love with Pro HDR, one look at our example images should convince anyone that Pro HDR represents a new era in mobile photography.
Pro HDR comes with these incredibly useful features:
• Automatic in-app HDR capture: all you have to do is tap to capture
• Manual in-app photo capture: you choose the exposure of each image in your HDR
• HDR off mode: take normal photos quickly
• Photo library support: make HDRs from your saved images (up to 12MP), or edit normal images
• Front and rear camera support
• Digital zoom, cropping, self-timer, flash and torch options, and grid overlay
• Beautiful filters and frames custom designed just for Pro HDR
• Add a text caption to your photo!
• Proprietary image alignment algorithm precisely aligns full-size images in seconds
• Seamless image blending creates one beautiful output image nearly instantly
• Live-updating image adjustment sliders to perfect your HDR: choose the perfect brightness, contrast, saturation, warmth, and tint, or let Pro HDR automatically select the best settings
• Fullscreen image preview in portrait and landscape orientation
• Save HDR images at the full resolution of your camera (up to 8MP), or use our super-fast small resolution mode for quick captures
• Geotagging / GPS / Compass / EXIF data saved to your camera roll
• Share your HDRs with the world at full-res with built-in support for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and Tumblr
PLEASE NOTE: Pro HDR is compatible with iPhone 6+, 6, 5s, 5, 4S, 4, and 3GS, any iPod Touch with camera, and all iPads with a camera (all iPads except the very first model).
Significantly improved compatibility with iOS 7 and 8. Actions menu works on iPad again. Fixed landscape edit view issue briefly introduced in version 4.5.2.
Ratings and Reviews
For over two years this was my go to app - even my 4S took some incredible shots with this. Unfortunately from the moment I got my 6, this app seemed to fall behind. Whether the updated camera hardware is too much for the software or if there is some kind of incompatibility I don't know - but my photos no longer have the HDR "vibrancy" they used to get from this app. It frequently washes out colors entirely, no longer creates a crisp image, and struggles to take an in-focus photo. This app used to be the savior of my camera phone - now I'm convinced the built in app is a far better option to use.
If you only buy one photo app THIS IS IT!!!
If you've ever taken a photo of an awesome sunset or some other high contrast outdoor scene only to find it just didn't come out, you owe it to yourself to get the Pro HDR app for iOS (iPhones & iPads). HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and it helps one capture both the very light and dark portions of a photo (like in a sunset). HDR used to be a fairly laborious and technical process but this app boils it down to a dead-simple single tap of the screen. Yes, your iPhone/iPad's native camera app has an "HDR" Setting but it actually is not that good. Even working with “HDR” images using the native app in Lightroom, I couldn't get an image half as good as with the Pro HDR app. It does it right the first time without me needing to do any added edits or filters!!! Google "SimpleTechReview” for more in-depth reviews of apps and electronics. Thanks!
Best HDR Which Regrettably Developers Have Abandoned
This is by far the very best HDR app in existence. But with iOS8 and 9, it works in a very buggy manner, particularly for landscape photos. The developers want you to migrate to their newer version which simply does not create as good-looking pictures. Developers – we will pay handsomely to have the app that works so well in iOS6 perform exactly the same in iOS9 if you would just do what you need to do from your end. Please consider updating this app for iOS9 without ruining its unbelievably beautiful photos which are far superior to those created by your newer version.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.