From the leading developers for iPad, Procreate Dreams has everything you need to create rich 2D animations, expressive videos, and breathtaking stories.
Procreate Dreams is a whole new way to animate through touch. Create beautiful hand-drawn animations with all Procreate’s gorgeous textured brushes. Add powerful animated effects, audio, and video to really bring your artwork to life.
• Navigate your timeline with fluid gestures
• Playhead — an all-in-one cursor, keyframe editor and needle
• Made for touch, iPad and Apple Pencil
• Timeline Edit — rapidly select and edit multiple tracks and content
• Loop just what is on screen without start or end points
• Add color highlights to your timeline for clarity and organization
• Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive image editing
All-new Procreate drawing experience:
• Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
• Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
• Import custom and purchased Procreate brushes
• Import layered Procreate files including blend modes, animations and more
• Full-featured layering system with more resolution than ever before
• Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
Live Motion & Filters:
• Easily add keyframes for Motion & Live Filters to take the effort out of animating
• Seamlessly keyframe and animate Opacity, Gaussian Blur, Sharpen, Noise, and HSB
• Animated Warp & Distort along with Move, Scale and Rotate for creating natural movement and perspective
• Edit keyframe easing for full control over transitions and timing
Powerful new animation technology:
• Real-time rendering makes waiting a thing of the past
• Advanced Keyframing puts you in control of Motion and Live Filters
• Next-generation painting and compositing engine
• Seamlessly mix drawing, cel animation, keyframing, video editing, and compositing
• Layer high quality video formats, including ProRes
• Flipbook — flip through your cel animation with full focus on your canvas
• Onion skin frames with full customization of color, amount, and opacity
• Import Animation Assist from Procreate to add audio, extra tracks and more
Text & Typography
• Craft your typography with type design, styling, and attributes
• Animate your titles with the full range of Live Motion and Filters
Take the Stage:
• Huge resolution for detail at any size
• Backstage — reveal content at just the right time
• Use your Procreate muscle memory with familiar gestures
• Snap your move and scales to the stage or other content
File format of the future:
• Huge files open in an instant giving you more time to be creative
• No loading or saving times — never wait again
• Never lose artwork again with continuous auto-save and undo history
Import assets and share your work:
• Import Video & Photos in JPG, PNG, TGA, Procreate, MP4, GIF, and ProRes format
• Import Audio in MP3, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, AAC, CAFF, M4A, MP1, and MP2 format
• Share your .dream files with all your audio and video included
• Export your current frame with transparency for easy sharing
• Export MP4s to share your work with the world
• Export PNG sequences with transparency for professional-quality output
This update to Procreate Dreams introduces auto-keyframing, Apple Pencil double-tap support, and improvements to stability and quality of life.
- Add keyframes automatically when your Playhead is on a keyframe track. To animate motion, just move your Playhead to the right time and move your content on the Stage.
- Double-tap on your Apple Pencil to quickly switch between Draw & Paint tools, or open the color or brush panels.
- Adjust the audio levels on video by adding volume keyframes.
- Includes fixes for Tilt/azimuth on brushes while painting.
- Various stability improvements have been added for painting, exporting, importing, audio, Text, Theater, and movie settings.
If you're looking for more resources and help, head to help.procreate.com/dreams
Ratings and Reviews
Really REALLY good, but needs a bit more.
Okay, so this app is INSANELY epic. The potential is huge and there’s a lot that can already be done with it! However, it is missing quite a bit. For one, the lasso tool is missing, and I feel like the lasso is a massive part of animation in general, ESPECIALLY for the squash and stretch mechanism. Also, there aren’t a lot of options for effects such as chromatic aberration and bloom. Though, I can give these a pass because this is a VERY new program and there is lots of room for updates and improvements. That’s really the only negative thing I need to say other than the frequent crashing, but again, the program is new and with a few updates I’m sure the program will be better than ever. It’s very worth the $20 already, and that’s saying a lot. It will take a bit of a learning curve to understand everything, but after a few tutorials and hopefully some new updates, we will have the coolest animation program to date.
Developer Response ,
Hey Lola Eskimo - thank you so much for the kind and supportive review for Procreate Dreams! We have some good news, too - we are hoping to add Selections and Transform tools in the very near future. It's likely that we will add more filters and adjustments, too, so it's good to hear that folks want more of these! Thank you very much for the review, and be sure to let us know if you think of anything else you'd like to see in Procreate Dreams. 😄
Please consider shortcut keys
I’ve been looking forward to this app since it was revealed. I loved being able to animate in Procreate due to the simplicity, however, the one thing holding me back was the lack of layers and time in which I was able to animate, which I hoped Dreams would remedy. I’m aware this app is still new and has so much potential, but in the future would there be a possibility of shortcut keys added similar to that of Procreate? At the very least for the drawing part? While I understand that using only touch is suppose to be intuitive, I use a keyboard when using Procreate since my nails make it difficult to touch the screen properly. It helps so much to have shortcut keys, so I was a bit bummed when I found that dreams did not have any. Using dreams felt awkward for me, as I had to bend my fingers or use both hands just to undo and redo, which made it more troublesome considering I have a habit of pressing undo until I get the perfect line stroke.
Aside from that, there were some bugs I experienced, such as the app not detecting my Apple Pencil when in drawing mode, or it freezing entirely. Also when I tried clicking to the menu with the other dream projects, it would not let me leave the current project I was working on unless I restarted the whole app. I really want to see this app succeed, I look forward to what it has to offer in the future.
This is amazing, but-
Hey, so after using Dreams for a couple days I’ve noticed some great things, and some small things that I think really should be added. So for starters, I think adding the selection/lasso tool from the original app into this one would be really helpful. I find it quite frustrating not having the selection tool in flip book or in the timeline when I need to select certain parts of the drawing. Also I think bringing the quick menu also from the original app into procreate dreams would also be helpful when I want to copy and paste certain layers and items. And having the auto eclipse/line tool in Dreams would be amazing. It’s hard trying to draw a line or circle tying to make it perfectly straight or round but then it won’t do that like it did in the original app. But other than these main things, I think you guys have a great thing going that I think can turn into something remarkable if there was just a couple more features added. You guys are doing awesome, especially since you don’t charge a subscription fee. And having all the brushes from the original program into Dreams is also something I really appreciate. So I think there just needs to be some improvement but I’m really excited to see where this goes.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 1.1 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 16.3 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.