Powerful enough for creative professionals. Simple enough for everyone. Award-winning Procreate Pocket is the most feature packed and versatile art app ever designed for iPhone.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the new Valkyrie graphics engine – Procreate Pocket has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio in the palm of your hand.
Procreate Pocket includes:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k
- Intuitive Dark Mode interface made for iPhone
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPhone
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with 100s of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organized
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Transform objects simultaneously across multiple layers
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with color fast with ColorDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching - Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
• Animation Assist - Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Export your animations in full resolution
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Gradient Map – remap your image’s colors with a customizable gradient
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Glow and Halftone to add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian and Motion Blur filters for depth and movement, or Sharpen for perfect clarity
- Advanced Noise filter gives you more control for a classic retro look
- Adjust Hue, Saturation, or Brightness in real-time
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, and HSB
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay - Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a 30sec version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
- Import a photo or image as a hidden Private Layer that won’t appear in Time-lapse videos
• Reference Companion:
- Keep a full canvas or reference image always with you, or paint on your face with AR. - color pick right from the reference window.
• Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
Your Pocket has never been this dark, this big or this powerful.
This update includes a fix for crashing FacePaint recording.
• Dark Interface
The flagship Dark interface from iPad returns.
• Valkyrie Graphics Engine
The new standard in performance comes to Procreate Pocket. The Valkyrie graphics engine moves as fast as you can sketch, paint or draw.
• Brush Studio
Harness the power of the Procreate Brush System with the all new Brush Studio. Use over a hundred new settings to customize a brush, or create your own from scratch.
• Animation Assist
Procreate's powerful, yet easy to use animation tool now makes its debut on iPhone. Create rich illustrative animations, looping GIFs and snappy animatics.
• Color Harmony
Pick from Complementary, Split Complementary, Analogous, Triadic, and Tetradic for beautiful color combinations every time
• All New Filters
Get the perfect finish with all of Procreate’s stunning effects now on your iPhone including Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Halftone and Noise filters, along with Gradient Maps and an advanced Clone tool.
• Reference Companion
Always keep your composition in focus while you paint in the details. Import a reference image that will stay by your side; ready to provide inspiration and colors.
Use AR to paint straight onto your face with every Procreate Pocket feature available.
• Palette Capture & SwatchDrop
Capture the colors around you. Create custom Palettes full of vibrant swatches or import your Adobe® ACO and ASE palettes. Drop swatches directly onto your canvas for faster fills.
• New Transform and Snapping
New Transform brings total accuracy to Procreate Pocket. Use Snapping to precisely align objects to your canvas and layers. Now scale and stretch from any orientation with Bounding Box Adjust.
• Selection Color Fill
Boost your workflow by automatically coloring selections. Add, remove or change colors instantly using any of the selection tools.
• Combine brushes
Swipe two individual brushes and tap Combine to make a completely new and unique brush.
• ABR import
You can import your favorite Adobe® Photoshop® brushes and they’ll also paint faster than they do in Photoshop®. lmao.
There’s so much more:
• New importable CMYK and RGB ICC profiles
• Color Dynamics
• Custom QuickMenu Profiles
• Redesigned Copy and Paste Menu
• Crop and Resize Snapping
• Text Numeric Input
• New Font Companion
• iOS 14 Quick Launch Widget
• New brush rendering modes
• New grain blend modes
• HEVC Time-lapse with alpha
• Animated Transforms
• ABR brush import
• New Text Selection appearance
• Improved memory handling
• Increased smudge sampling performance
• New Blur Brushes
• New Brush author card
• New create canvas system and canvas information
• Improved GIF export and new GIF dithering options
• Create reset points for brushes
We hope you enjoy using Procreate Pocket wherever you are. If you’re loving all the new features, filters and fun additions, let us know with an App Store review.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Inspiration tends to strike when you least expect it—heck, some of our best ideas come to us in the shower—and Procreate is a dazzling way to snatch sparks of visual genius out of the ether and bring them to life. Behind the app’s slick drawing and painting tools are robust features that you’d expect from a full-fledged illustration package—it even has the ingenious ability to use your Apple Watch as a color palette picker. If a brilliant notion does strike in the shower, though, get out and dry off.
I’m not sure what to feel towards Procreate Pocket. I’ve recently purchased the app on my iPhone in hopes that I would be able to use the same wonderful drawing app I know and love without having to carry around a huge iPad Pro wherever and whenever I want to draw, but I’m struggling to find any situation where I’ve ever felt comfortable using the application on the iPhone. I feel like I’ve had too high of an expectation from the iPad app to really see where the pocket version can shine but I cannot say that it would ever be a viable alternative to the iPad version let alone be some form of replacement. It’s lack of features that the iPad has like the extra drawing guides, liquify and quick shape are some of the biggest features that I would have really liked to have seen on Pocket, but sadly aren’t included as of making this review. I really want this app to succeed, but right now it’s simply unusable since I’m so used to the iPad version. I would also HIGHLY recommend some sort of cloud syncing if that isn’t already a feature so I can work on my projects across devices. Seeing as this isn’t an option right now from what I’ve seen, this is a huge bummer because It takes away one of the big reasons I wanted to purchase it in the first place.
It’s a pretty good app overall but I do have a few questions...
I honestly love this app I love how free a user can be do to the amount of art supplies/options on here, it’s really helping me improve my art.
I’m also pretty new to the whole thing still, there is a lot to learn on this app. I have a few concerns though, first off when I got the app I was able to make a messy circle into a perfect one just by holding down, but now I can only make a straight line not any shapes. I researched about my problem and I read that all you have to do is turn on automatic lines under prefs, I looked but that wasn’t an option...
Also I accidentally deleted the app a few weeks ago but when I downloaded it again all my art was gone I was devastated. Is there a way to get my art back If not whatever I can make more art but still? ^ - ^
(I recommend that there is a sign in for your pocket procreate app :if it isn’t one already: so that your progress will be saved even if you delete this app from your device, I feel it would prove to be most beneficial for users)
So ya if anyone could help me out a bit with my listed set backs or maybe give me a few tips on how to improve my knowledge about this app I would highly appreciate it and thank you.❤️
Developer Response ,
Hi pastel_pancake - This sounds very strange, as you should not have these problems with QuickShape. We would like to look further into this matter for you, so if you have some time, be sure to reach out to email@example.com with further information about this. We're very sorry to hear that you've lost your artworks. Like many iOS applications, all of Procreate Pocket's data is stored within the app on your iPhone. When you uninstall an app, iOS warns you that this will also delete the application’s data. This is why we always recommend that users make regular full iTunes or Finder backups of their iPhones, as well as exporting important artworks as .procreate files to a computer or cloud service. Have you checked if you have any available backups that you could try and restore?
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 330.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.2 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.