Loved by creative pros and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering 100s of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine — Procreate has everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, the train, the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It’s a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 8k on compatible iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- 3D Painting with Lighting Studio and Animated Export
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- Continuous auto-save — never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets to organize your painting, sketching and drawing brushes
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Add Metallic and Roughness for painting in 3D
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching
- Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline and stabilization smooth out strokes for beautiful calligraphy and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Accessibility features:
- Advanced stroke stabilization
- Dynamic Type, VoiceOver and Feedback Sounds
- Assignable single finger gestures
- Color naming
• Animation and Page Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with customizable onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
- Sketch page-by-page concepts or begin a comic with Page Assist
- Import, edit and share PDFs
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects
- Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a shorter 30-second Time-lapse on your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, OBJ, USDZ, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
This update provides some much anticipated quality of life bug fixes for Large Canvas lagging and the corruption of Canvases in Stacks after attempted deletion. It also includes some other fixes included below:
* iPad Air 5 compatibility.
* Now when holding the Transform icon you'll be able to pinch outside of your selection to resize it, and pinch inside the selection to resize the Canvas.
* Keyboard Shortcuts are now able to be used when in Edit Text mode.
* Increased maximum dimensions of imported HEVC and MP4s.
* Large Canvases will no longer experience lagging after performing undos.
* Hexadecimal input will display correctly when using iOS's Larger Text accessibility setting.
* Canvases will not longer corrupt within Stacks when attempting to Delete following Duplication or adding a new Canvas to the Stack.
* Layer Select will now select the Layer correctly if you hover, rather than tap.
* Importing an image via the Photo button in the Gallery will no longer reduce the image dimensions upon import.
* Corrected notifications for SwatchDrop and Copy Layer.
* Procreate will not crash after moving or rearranging a Group of Layers within itself in the Layer Menu.
* Larger text will no longer cause the Paint and Transform icons to overlap on 12.9" devices.
* Exporting as a PNG with Page Assist on will now retain the background color.
Ratings and Reviews
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
Amazing app but a few problems
I’ve been using this app for about two weeks now and realized there are a few problems…
1. When trying to fill in a circle or perfectly closed shape, it will sometimes color the entire layer but not at 100% opacity for some reason
2. I have to screenshot my drawing when finished because the option so save as a png and etc is not possible or won’t work and will only save as a file not to my gallery and when I try to share an artwork, it will make it unavailable to open for other devices or people.
3. I just discovered this but though this is a one time problem or error, I’ve been trying to draw and when I open my layers the whole app with freeze. I’ve reopened the app multiple times and even restarted my iPad but it just won’t work. After this review I’m going to try to reinstall however I just wanted to point this out to the devs and other people who use this app
Have a wonderful day and even though these problems are pretty irritating, I still have fun with making art with this app and it’s overall a really good app for artists. Oh and one more thing, I recommend adding an option to add a reference or photo on the side of the canvas not on top. So that we can look at it and look at the whole canvas itself. So far I haven’t seen an option for that besides making it a layer but if there is then I apologize. Once again have a wonderful day and have fun making artwork with this app, I really enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
Hey Blackshiver12 - thank you for the review of Procreate! It sounds like you're having a couple of troubles and we'd like to help out. Please contact us via https://support.procreate.art and we'll assist however we can. We can also help you to set up reference images, too!
I love Procreate so much, having a iPad Pro with a Apple Pencil works so well with this app, the price is worth buying it. Tbh I stop using my laptop for drawing since the drawing and painting feels so natural and smooth though sometimes when I try to use the short cuts it won’t work other than that it’s works like a charm.
There are some things that could be worked on, color picking a color from a reference or from the color wheel isn’t the exactly what it should look like while painting with it, it’s a little bit off, though It’s not noticeable at first (it’s not a big problem at all it just something I’ve noticed while using Procreate over the years) and now the blending tool, the blending tool can be really good but sometimes the blending tool can be frustrating to work with and sometimes while blending it makes the color muddy or won’t give a nice type a texture, I know sometimes it can be what brush you use for the blending tool. It would be nice to get a better version of it, also it might be a bug or something but when I leave a painting and go back I lose some of the progress of the painting and I haft to redo what I’ve already done.
Other than those small details this is the best app for everyone it’s easy to use, you can create masterpieces with it, I wouldn’t go to another drawing app, I would say THIS is a app that you should try out. Everyone from 3 to 90 years old can use this app. It’s the best app out there just get it try it out !!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi JillyBean91334 - Thanks for the rating and for bringing these points to our attention! When using the Eyedropper tool, it can take into account the colour input from other layers, so this could be why you're noticing the colour deviation. Also, if you'd like some help with this Smudge Tool trouble, we'd be more than happy to offer assistance.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll jump in and assist.
Thanks for the review!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 598.4 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 14.4 or later.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.