Loved by creative professionals and aspiring artists alike, Procreate is the leading creative application made for iPad.
Offering hundreds of handmade brushes, a suite of innovative artistic tools, an advanced layer system, and the lightning fast Valkyrie graphics engine, Procreate gives you everything you need to create expressive sketches, rich paintings, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful animations. Work on the couch, on the train, at the beach, or while waiting in line for coffee. It's a complete art studio you can take anywhere; packed with these powerful features and more:
- Ultra High Definition canvases - up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pros
- Beautifully intuitive interface made for iPad and Apple Pencil
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature for perfect shapes
- Smooth and responsive smudge sampling
- Powered by Valkyrie: the fastest 64-bit painting engine for iPad
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Create art in stunning 64-bit color
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save - never lose work again
• Breakthrough brushes:
- Packed with hundreds of beautifully crafted brushes
- Brush sets keep your painting, sketching and drawing brushes organized
- Over 100 customizable settings for every brush
- Brush Studio – design your own custom Procreate brushes
- Import and export custom Procreate brushes
- Import Adobe® Photoshop® brushes, and run them faster than Photoshop®
• Full-featured layering system:
- Layer your art for precise control over details and composition
- Create Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organized by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access over 25 layer blend modes for industry grade compositing
• Color without compromise:
- Fill your line work with ColorDrop and SwatchDrop
- Disc, Classic, Harmony, Value and Palette color panels
- Import color profiles for color matching
- Assign Color Dynamics to any brush
• The design tools you need:
- Add vector Text to your illustrations
- Easily import all your favorite fonts
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
- Streamline smooths out your strokes for beautiful lettering and expert inking
- Use Scribble to name layers, change settings and create text
• Animation Assist
- Easy frame by frame animation with automatic onion skinning
- Create storyboards, GIFs, animatics and simple animations
• Dramatic finishing effects:
- Brush in image adjustments and effects with your Apple Pencil while keeping the ability to fine-tune its effects - Glitch, Chromatic Aberration, Bloom, Noise and Halftone add new dimensions to your work
- Gaussian, Motion, and Perspective Blur filters create depth and movement
- Powerful image adjustments including Color Balance, Curves, HSB and Gradient Map
- Let the mind-bending powers of Warp, Symmetry, and Liquify Dynamics bring your art to life
• Time-lapse replay
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate's celebrated Time-lapse Replay
- Export your Time-lapse recording in 4K for high-end video production
- Share a thirty-second version of your Time-lapse recording with your social networks
Share your creations:
- Import or export your art as Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files - Import Adobe® ASE and ACO Color Palettes
- Import images files such as JPG, PNG and TIFF
- Export your art as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF, web ready JPEG, and animated GIFs, PNGs, and MP4s
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, palettes, and fonts between applications
Procreate 5X is here, packed with precision and reimagined features. It is another huge leap forward for creative professionals.
This update includes support for 8th generation iPad and some additional fixes for PSD export with low alpha, playing Time-lapse on your face, transforming Text, Wet mix brushes with pencil filters and layer masks, Palettes from screenshots, and more.
• Pencil Filters
Brush in image effects with your Apple Pencil. For the first time you can use any brush to paint in adjustments and effects exactly where you want them. Smudge your filter to create textured effects like you’ve never seen before. You can even erase or adjust the amount in realtime.
• Gradient Map
One of the your biggest requests is here! Add a new dimension of color by mapping gradients across your value painting. Create your own custom gradients and insert as many knobs as you like, we won't judge.
• All New Filters
Creating incredible effects and dramatic finishes is easier than ever with a host of new filters and adjustments. There are huge improvements to essential filters like Noise and Blur, and amazing new creative possibilities with Glitch, Chromatic Aberration and more.
• Reference Companion
Always keep your composition in focus while you paint in the details. Import a reference image that will stay by your side; ready to provide inspiration and colors.
Procreate on your face! See your FacePaint update live and even play your animations. It’s not only for your fans, share your photos and videos with everybody.
• Palette Capture & SwatchDrop
Capture the colors around you with your camera or photos in your library. Fill your artwork with color by dropping swatches right onto your canvas. You can also import Adobe® ACO and ASE palette files. Why tho.
Make beautiful compositions with precise new ways to move and scale your artwork. Accurately align objects to your canvas and other layers with new Snapping. Use the new Bounding Box Adjust to scale and stretch from any orientation. Transform with 100% accuracy using numeric entry.
• Selection Color Fill
Accelerate your workflow by drawing selections that automatically fill with color. Add or Remove with any selection tool to create sharp, vibrant shapes. Use Automatic selections to fill your artwork in all the right places.
• Private Layer
Keep a layer private so your Time-lapse is free from sketches, notes, nudes and reference images.
Scribble gives you a whole new way to add text to your artwork, without ever having to put down your Apple Pencil. Name layers, change settings, and pick colors, but the best part is - your tool never needs to leave your hand.
• QuickMenu Profiles
Finger your way to success with QuickMenu profiles. With just a flick of your button, you can swap to tailored QuickMenus for sketching, coloring or finishing.
• Blur Brushes
Effortless blend colors with the new Blur settings in Brush Studio. Look out for Blend brushes in the Airbrushes set.
Procreate® 5X also has:
Redesigned Copy and Paste Menu
Crop and Resize Snapping
Text Numeric Input
New Font Companion
iPadOS 14 Quick Launch Widget
HEVC Time-lapse with alpha
Color Profile fixes
Brush Studio performance improvements
New Text Selection appearance
We hope you have as much fun with Procreate 5X as we did making it. And we can’t wait to get back to making whole new ways for you to create. Don’t forget to show us your FacePaint selfies and videos!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Procreate lets you generate high-caliber artwork at a blistering pace using a robust layering system, stunning filters, and thousands of importable brushes. Plus, Savage Interactive’s super-intuitive app supports pressure sensitivity and Apple Pencil—as well as iCloud Drive and a seamless video recording of each brushstroke—so sharing your work is incredibly simple.
I love Procreate so much, having a iPad Pro with a Apple Pencil works so well with this app, the price is worth buying it. Tbh I stop using my laptop for drawing since the drawing and painting feels so natural and smooth though sometimes when I try to use the short cuts it won’t work other than that it’s works like a charm.
There are some things that could be worked on, color picking a color from a reference or from the color wheel isn’t the exactly what it should look like while painting with it, it’s a little bit off, though It’s not noticeable at first (it’s not a big problem at all it just something I’ve noticed while using Procreate over the years) and now the blending tool, the blending tool can be really good but sometimes the blending tool can be frustrating to work with and sometimes while blending it makes the color muddy or won’t give a nice type a texture, I know sometimes it can be what brush you use for the blending tool. It would be nice to get a better version of it, also it might be a bug or something but when I leave a painting and go back I lose some of the progress of the painting and I haft to redo what I’ve already done.
Other than those small details this is the best app for everyone it’s easy to use, you can create masterpieces with it, I wouldn’t go to another drawing app, I would say THIS is a app that you should try out. Everyone from 3 to 90 years old can use this app. It’s the best app out there just get it try it out !!!!!!
Developer Response ,
Hi JillyBean91334 - Thanks for the rating and for bringing these points to our attention! When using the Eyedropper tool, it can take into account the colour input from other layers, so this could be why you're noticing the colour deviation. Also, if you'd like some help with this Smudge Tool trouble, we'd be more than happy to offer assistance.
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll jump in and assist.
Thanks for the review!
Fill bucket + reference
I love this app and it has made digital art so easy for me, and I’m thrilled to see the addition of clipping masks and shape tools! One thing I think is an absolute necessity for the next update, however, is a reworking of how the fill bucket tool functions. Other (free) programs such as medibangpaint that I’ve used have capabilities like expanding fill bucket selection without having to use the select tool, and the fill bucket taking all marks into consideration, regardless of layers, when making its fill. The ‘reference’ setting has proved to be inconvenient at best. Also, having to drag the color swatch from the top right corner is cumbersome. Fill should be its own tool like drawing and erasing. Honestly, I just want to see the fill bucket function like it does in EVERY other art program I’ve used. Another thing to note, many programs have the very useful feature of allowing you to have reference images in a separate window on the screen, so you can see them no matter where you are on the canvas. Would love to see this integrated. And, a final request, please make blending tools stop picking up colors from outside your selected area when you blend. I use the selection tool,,,, so the brush doesn’t interact with things outside the selection,, why do blending brushes pick up things from outside the selection and drag them into your selection,, That said, thank you for making such a fantastic art program accessible at such a low cost!
Developer Response ,
Hi mondepurple - Thanks for your detailed feedback! We're always happy to hear about how we could improve things, and your ideas can be taken into consideration as we move forward with Procreate.
Thanks again for the review!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 325.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.