You are the Dungeon Master. Your party counts on you to suffer in an entertaining storyful way. Generate, edit, play, and share your architectural adventure holes.
Welcome to ProD&D, the app that helps you generate random maps on the go!
Watch out! ProDnD is NOT for people who like to play everything by the rulebook but for people who like to make their own content.
To see the full update log and more information, please visit our blog (just google ProDnD).
What is ProD&D?
- Generates random dungeons
- Generates random names
- Has a paint tool to edit those dungeons (more brushes coming soon)
- Lets you share those dungeons with everyone and upload shared dungeons by others
- You can place and manage your own (or other people's) events on the map
- Has lots of props to place on your maps.
- Has AI critters that dig into your dungeon in real time (experimental)
- Lets you print your dungeons at any size (football field to single A4 paper)
- And a lot more coming.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
-Hotfixed a store issue.
NOTICE: Our previous version was really old, like 3 years, so this one has tons of new features
- Added a multitude of new generators.
- Added painting functionality that lets you modify your maps.
- Added a messaging system that allows you to view dev messages on start.
- Updated the themes to include more options.
- Updated the events with new Icons and Colors.
- Added props you can add to your maps to furnish them further.
- Added new backgrounds.
- Added an option to simulate creatures that modify your dungeon.
- Added HD print functionality.
- Added event importing/exporting functionality.
- Generators work faster now.
Ratings and Reviews
Just something I noticed that I don't get and things you should add.
What I noticed is when painting terrain, the AI doesn't like walking on grass :/
Anyways, you should add controllable PCs (Player Characters) they would do all the things the AI can do only you control their actions.
Also, maybe add a conflict event triggered 1/20 of the times AI run into eachother? Like you could see arrows flying across the map or sword icons over top of of the AI when they are attacking with melee and a shield on top of the other guy if the attack missed. If they take damage it would show in red text -[NUMBER] over top of the AI tile icon for how much damage they took and above all the AI there would be "currentlyHP/maxHP" kind of thing in small grey-white font. (Max health would be random based on the 4D6, throw the lowest number away rule) Because you can only have a limited amount of AI on the field, so that you don't kill everything off, maybe they would just fall asleep if they die? Either that or add factions and people of the same faction have a zero chance of attacking eachother.
Ok, so I downloaded the app, but I feel like I maybe I was a bit hasty in purchasing all features off of the bat... I can generate maps, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to add or edit props. I can spawn a dwarf that travels around my dungeon chasing bread and editing my map as he sees fit... idk I’m just confused about certain features and would love to see some sort of guidance early on... I’m not done trying, I’ve had the app for 15 minutes, but these are my first impressions to share. Till then try before you buy?
I love this app
So I do a lot of DMing and always run into the problem of my group going “let’s do a game” when we are all hanging out... and I have nothing prepared because I was caught off guard. The fact that with this app I can randomly generate a map-the hardest and longest part for me- is just awesome! I also don’t mind the payment options because that’s what they are. For the most part I can find my own way it just takes time and effort. What I would like to see though are more outdoor props. I just went to make a camp site encounter and discovered there’s no A frame tent or even a bedroll (wink wink developers lol). This is nice because it doesn’t require the same amount of artistic talent or time (most nice makes take hours if not days, I can make a decent map on this in one or two hours easy).
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gray Lake Studios
- 263.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013, Gray Lake Studios
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Features and Dungeons $8.99
- Castle Generator $0.99
- Props Feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.