Productivity Challenge Timer aims to help you be more productive, more focused, waste less time and so on, you already know all that stuff.
What this app is really about is challenging you to work harder and tracking your work habits. You'll earn/lose ranks depending on your performance, earn achievements and track your productivity over time, so you'll know how long you worked on what and during which days of the week and hours of the day you're at your most productive.
Now here's a few things you should know before downloading:
- This is not an organizer. If you can't keep track of what you're supposed to be doing, this is not the app for you. The app includes tracking of projects so you know how much time you spent working on each of your clients/books/websites/whatever - like a time sheet, but it's not meant to be an organizer or a to-do list.
- This app will not let you pause work sessions or finish them early, so if you have a tiny baby-sized bladder and you need to pause every few minutes, this is not the app for you. The shortest work session you can set is 10 minutes and you're not supposed to be interrupted. Besides, I use this app too, and I'd be the first to abuse that pause feature to go look up useless nonsense instead of getting work done.
- The purpose of this app is not to promote a healthy work-life balance, but to get you to work harder. Because of this, it does not recognize weekends or holidays or parenting or any other excuse people come up with to take time off, and it will demote you if you start slipping. Please don't expect the app to validate your personal goals, its sole purpose is to make you work harder, even when you shouldn't.
That's it, thanks for reading and I hope you find this app as useful as I do.
- redacted backups
- bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Keep productive and track project time!
I love this app. I have been using the App about 3 weeks. So far it has helped through prompting to keep me moving on to the next part of a project, next project, next action or just get back to productive work. I work on multiple projects. I paid to be able to set up unlimited Projects. I also set appropriate blocks of time for uninterrupted work plus the work intervals for breaks. I can go back to any month, week, day and check the time spent on all projects. WOULD LOVE to be able to add pithy notes to work intervals for later review.. realize this might be a pain for the developer and therefor disregarded with the empty vodka bottles.
This app works. I was a chronic procrastinator and not-doer. Now I am a chronic work-aholic and go-getter. I got more done in four months with this app than I had in the previous two years, just looking to ‘gain a stupid rank’ and not get ‘demoted.’
I’m on my second run with the app, this time focusing on one project only and making sure I give it my all. I’m finding the app is also great for tracking time spent on elements of a project, even though it’s just designed to make you work (which is does extremely well!).
Thank you, and please add Apple Watch support to be able to select and start a project from there, not just from the phone.
This app has really managed to improve my productivity on so many levels. It's work in a similar manner to other customizable pomodoro-type apps, but the stat tracking and product management is really where it shines. If you're into productivity, this is a must have.
EDIT: It’s been a couple years since I wrote this review, and I wanted to provide an update. I find myself coming back to this app time and time again whenever I’m in real need of a productivity boost. If you’re on the fence or are looking for a solid work tracking app, just download this one and don’t look back.
- Vladimir Jovanovic
- 72.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Ensit Media
- In-App Purchases
- Pro mode $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.