*** Important Hardware Note: iPads (2013 and newer models) with 9.7, 10.2, 10.5, and 11-inch screens are recommended. Data collected with the PROMIS app running on an iPad with 12.9" screens have not yet been validated. ***
PROMIS (Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System) is a set of person-centered measures that evaluates and monitors physical, mental, and social health in adults and children. It can be used with the general population and with individuals living with chronic conditions.
PROMIS measures were developed and validated with state-of-the-science methods to be psychometrically sound and to transform how life domains are measured.
Measures are designed to enhance communication between clinicians and patients in diverse research and clinical settings.
PROMIS measures were created to assess universal symptoms and function relevant across chronic conditions.
With the purchase of this app, you will also have access to other measurement systems funded by the National Institutes of Health including the NIH Toolbox, PROMIS, Neuro-QoL, TBI-QOL, SCI-QOL, SCI-FI, and ECOG.
PROMIS includes a FREE Trial Mode that allows our users to explore the app and access instruments without a time limit. Please note Trial Mode does not save data or include reports and data exports.
To use PROMIS without feature restrictions users must subscribe to a 1-year auto-renewing subscription of $499.99.
The subscription will automatically renew unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
You may manage your subscription by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
No cancellation of the current (paid) subscription is allowed during the subscription period.
All content needed to administer PROMIS tests is available in the app; you do not need to pay for, create or maintain a separate account.
With the purchase of this app, you will immediately have access to instruments to be used in assessing Emotion, Motor and Sensation domains.
Instruments used for assessment of Cognition require the successful completion of a separate approval. This approval process is included in the cost of the subscription; no additional purchase necessary. Generally, approval will be granted to researchers and clinicians with the knowledge to use neuropsychological tests. Contact email@example.com for more details.
Some measures require additional hardware and/or materials. See the Administrator's Manual to obtain vendor details.
Important information about the intended use and data security:
- PROMIS is not intended for use outside of research or clinical application.
- Users control how data is managed. Data export via iCloud, email, Web Service and File Sharing through iTunes can be enabled/disabled in the Data Security menu of the Settings screen.
- If iCloud is enabled on your device, you may choose to upload data exports to a folder in iCloud Drive upon generation. See Apple's iCloud security and privacy overview here:
- Data exports (.CSV format) and assessment reports (.PDF format) may be emailed from PROMIS. Secured email systems must be used to protect privacy.
PROMIS is more than a set of measures: we are a community of users, and PROMIS continues to evolve. Help us make this product the best it can be. If you have suggestions for changes or corrections, please share them with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial conversion to the iPad format was sponsored by the National Childrenís Study. To learn more about PROMIS visit www.HealthMeasures.net
* New instruments (tests) for remote administration: Picture Vocabulary (Remote) and Picture Sequence Memory (Remote) Forms A, B, and C for all age bands.
* Balance test - connectivity improvements b/w iPad and a secondary device when administering Standing Balance test
* Change in Data Exports - "N/A" and "SKIP" as a score values for Not Applicable and Skipped responses
* FAQ updates
* Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Glinberg & Associates, Inc.
- 354.4 MB
Requires iOS 13.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2006-2020 National Institutes of Health and Northwestern University
- In-App Purchases
- PROMIS Assessments $499.99
- PROMIS Assessments $499.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.