"World-class photography app"
"The screen layouts are excellent. DSLRs could learn a thing or two from the design of ProShot"
"If you can name it, chances are ProShot has it"
Welcome to ProShot, the complete solution for all of your photography and film making needs. With an intuitive and fluid UI system, the app is ready when you are, keeping all controls within reach and accessible at a moment's notice. Enjoy a fully featured experience with Photo, Video, Light Painting, and Timelapse modes. Capture the stars with unlimited shutter speed (bulb) support. And make amazing movies with a full suite of video controls.
--- CAMERA FEATURES ---
• Auto, Program, Manual, and two Custom modes, just like a DSLR
• Manual, semi-manual, and automatic control
• Adjust exposure, ISO, shutter speed, flash, focus, torch intensity, and white balance
• ProRAW, RAW (DNG), HEIC, and JPEG formats
• LivePhoto support, even when shooting RAW (DNG)
• Unlimited shutter speed (bulb), with LivePhoto support for gorgeous night shots
• Portrait and Black and White modes
• 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, and 1:1 aspect ratio
• Light Painting and Time-lapse (intervalometer, video) modes, with full manual control
• Zero-lag bracket exposure up to ±3, in 1/3 stop increments
• Configurable max ISO and max shutter options
• Manual focus assist
• Front-facing camera support with full manual control
• Zoom up to 10X, with just one finger
• Camera Roll seamlessly integrated into the viewfinder
• Grid, histogram, noise reduction and many more options
• Customizaable accent color and UI layout to fit your style
--- VIDEO FEATURES ---
• Manual, semi-manual, and automatic control, identical to photo mode
• 4K video with extended bitrate option, up to 80Mb/s
• Adjustable frame rate from 24 FPS up to 240 FPS
• Support for H.264 and H.265 formats
• 4K Timelapse
• Industry-standard options for 180 degree rule
• Monitor audio level and video file size in real-time
• Change any camera parameter, even during video recording
• Capture full resolution still frames during video recording
• Video light with adjustable intensity
• Support for external audio playback (like Spotify) while recording
Leave the heavy DSLR at home, ProShot's got your back.
This update brings several fixes and enhancements to the UI, including:
• Added video file size info during video recording
• Multiple UI fixes and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Sorry but going downhill
Latest two versions when shooting in RAW only results in error when you click on the photo you expect to be in your photo library. “Error writing file.” I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro in iOS 14.3. I can’t be obsolete equipment!
Also, while trying to learn why with the manual is not helping because it’s out of date...doesn’t match the app when discussing Settings!
And where is HEIC capture if I can’t do RAW? Halide has no problem bringing over JOEG and DNG (RAW). Thanks for investigating these issues
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Just reaching out to see if the latest update fixed the error. Please feel free to contact me anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated at long last, but settings are confusing and glitchy
Nice to see that ProShot has finally been receiving updates again. I had deleted it after getting an iPhone X in favor of camera apps that were optimized for its cameras and screen size. The new design looks good and (mostly) works.
I decided to take off two stars for some issues I ran into pretty rapidly, at least one of which should have been easy to catch in testing: (1) Settings buttons are unintuitive. The haptic feedback toggle looks like the “hot air” icon on bathroom hand dryers, or perhaps some strips of bacon; the “volume = shutter” toggle looks like a camera making noise, as if it enables or disables a shutter sound. (2) The “volume = shutter” toggle doesn’t work. I can switch it on and off repeatedly without ever disabling the option. When I manage to disable it, it re-enables itself moments later without the icon ever lighting up. (3) It’s possible to cause the frame of the gallery view to appear around the camera somehow. When this happens, I have to close and restart the app to continue using it.
Still the best camera app I've used
A short time ago they did a redesign of the app and I wasn't feeling the new UI. I'm still not entirely with it, however I felt the need to revise my review because I have spent a bit of time using it.
I've used this app across multiple platforms and it is my go-to camera app, one that I've even gifted to others because it's that good. The controls you have over the camera settings help you capture the shot you want when in manual mode but it also does a fantastic job in auto which, let's face it, is going to be used by most people that aren't trying to set up a shot.
I definitely recommend this app and if there was only one camera app you can get, this is the one.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We've just submitted an update (5.0.1) to Apple that adds labels to the camera settings menu as well as a host of small fixes and improvements that will make ProShot functions easier and more discoverable. In this update, you will also be able to find a link to our online guide by opening the Settings panel and tapping the "three dots" button. Please look for the update within the next day or two, and let us know if there's anything else you'd like to see!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rise Up Games
- 13.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rise Up Games
- In-App Purchases
- Donate $0.99
- Donate $4.99
- Donate $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.