"World-class photography app"
"The screen layouts are excellent. DSLRs could learn a thing or two from the design of ProShot"
"if you can name it, chances are ProShot has it"
/// CAMERA FEATURES ///
• Auto, Program, Manual, and two fully configurable Custom modes, just like a DSLR
• Manual, semi-manual, or automatic control over exposure, flash, focus, ISO, shutter speed, torch intensity, and white balance
• Shoot RAW (DNG)
• Shoot full resolution in 16:9, 4:3, and 1:1
• Full-res Burst and Timelapse modes, all with full manual controls
• Light Painting mode with two submodes
• Portrait mode support
• Zero-lag bracket exposure up to ±3, in 1/3 stop increments
• Auto MAX ISO and Shutter options
• Manual focus assist
• Front-facing camera with full manual controls
• Zoom with just one finger, up to 10X
• Fully featured Camera Roll with EXIF metadata, support for video playback, media sharing, and delete
• Grid overlay
• Customizable accent color
• Most innovative camera UI ever created
/// VIDEO FEATURES ///
• Manual, semi-manual, or automatic control
• Record video in any mode (Auto, P, M, C1, or C2)
• 4K Video (on supported devices) up to 80Mb/s
• 4K Timelapse (on supported devices)
• Adjustable resolution and frame rate
• Industry-standard options for 180 degree rule
• Real-time audio levels meter
• Zoom and change any camera parameter, even during video recording
• Capture still frames during video recording
• Video light
Leave the heavy DSLR at home, ProShot's got your back.
This update expands the your choice of formats for maximum compatibility, including:
• New JPEG image format option
• New H.264 / H.265 video format options*
• Bug fixes and UI improvements
*Not available on some older devices
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Sorry but going downhill
Latest two versions when shooting in RAW only results in error when you click on the photo you expect to be in your photo library. “Error writing file.” I’m using an iPhone 11 Pro in iOS 14.3. I can’t be obsolete equipment!
Also, while trying to learn why with the manual is not helping because it’s out of date...doesn’t match the app when discussing Settings!
And where is HEIC capture if I can’t do RAW? Halide has no problem bringing over JOEG and DNG (RAW). Thanks for investigating these issues
Developer Response ,
Hi there! Just reaching out to see if the latest update fixed the error. Please feel free to contact me anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated at long last, but settings are confusing and glitchy
Nice to see that ProShot has finally been receiving updates again. I had deleted it after getting an iPhone X in favor of camera apps that were optimized for its cameras and screen size. The new design looks good and (mostly) works.
I decided to take off two stars for some issues I ran into pretty rapidly, at least one of which should have been easy to catch in testing: (1) Settings buttons are unintuitive. The haptic feedback toggle looks like the “hot air” icon on bathroom hand dryers, or perhaps some strips of bacon; the “volume = shutter” toggle looks like a camera making noise, as if it enables or disables a shutter sound. (2) The “volume = shutter” toggle doesn’t work. I can switch it on and off repeatedly without ever disabling the option. When I manage to disable it, it re-enables itself moments later without the icon ever lighting up. (3) It’s possible to cause the frame of the gallery view to appear around the camera somehow. When this happens, I have to close and restart the app to continue using it.
Still the best camera app I've used
A short time ago they did a redesign of the app and I wasn't feeling the new UI. I'm still not entirely with it, however I felt the need to revise my review because I have spent a bit of time using it.
I've used this app across multiple platforms and it is my go-to camera app, one that I've even gifted to others because it's that good. The controls you have over the camera settings help you capture the shot you want when in manual mode but it also does a fantastic job in auto which, let's face it, is going to be used by most people that aren't trying to set up a shot.
I definitely recommend this app and if there was only one camera app you can get, this is the one.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We've just submitted an update (5.0.1) to Apple that adds labels to the camera settings menu as well as a host of small fixes and improvements that will make ProShot functions easier and more discoverable. In this update, you will also be able to find a link to our online guide by opening the Settings panel and tapping the "three dots" button. Please look for the update within the next day or two, and let us know if there's anything else you'd like to see!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rise Up Games
- 13.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Rise Up Games
- In-App Purchases
- Donate $0.99
- Donate $4.99
- Donate $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.