Get complete news coverage of Rhode Island with The Providence Journal’s eEdition for iPad. Our eEdition for iPad is an exact digital replica of The Providence Journal newspaper and combines the experience of reading the printed paper with the convenience, portability and interactivity of the iPad.
The Providence Journal eEdition for iPad features award-winning coverage of:
• Rhode Island News
• Rhode Island Politics
• Local and Boston Sports
• Food, Lifestyle and Entertainment
• Crime and Courts
• National News
• Money Saving Offers
The eEdition for iPad is part of ALL ACCESS Home Delivery and digital-only subscriptions. Current subscribers can sign in with their subscriber account or visit our web site to set up a sign in name and password.
iTunes-only subscriptions can also be purchased in the application and are valid only for the eEdition for iPad app.
About In-App Subscriptions and Auto-Renewal:
• Providence Journal offers monthly subscriptions for $15.99 per month, 3 month subscriptions for $49.99, 6 month subscriptions for $99.99, or yearly subscriptions for $199.99 per year
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
Ratings and Reviews
Not updating to latest issue
I start my morning reading the ProJo on this app. Since I got a new iPad for Christmas, the new edition of the paper does not load for me automatically. The only way for me to load the next days paper is to delete and re install the app. Anyone else having the same issue? Very frustrating.
Upgrade has some issues
I agree with the reviewer that said the upgrade has some issues. But I don’t agree that everything is horrible and “somebody should be fired.” Nonetheless, small like when you tap to go to the next page to follow a story, it SHOULD take you right the story, and not just anywhere on the new page (like the other reviewer said, AND like it used to do).
This upgrade made some changes - and change is always hard - that I don’t necessarily like, but I’m sure others do. Nonetheless, it broke a lot of little things, like the one stated above, that really impact the quality and seamlessness of the user’s experience.
Fix the app! Upgrade is awful
I have been wanting to write a review since the upgrade. I read the Projo eEdition every morning, my only regret was upgrading the app. Upgrades usually fix problems and make things better. Someone should be fired for this. I don't even know where to begin to criticize, there are so many things wrong with it. From the movement around the pages, double tapping, page jumping, the list would just go on and on. When you tap to continue a story on another page, it would be nice to land on the story and not have to go find it. Unless we want to go and buy your paper version, I guess we're stuck with it. I'm a Journal advertiser and have been for 30 years, please use some of my ad money to hire someone that knows how to build a newspaper app!
- LMG RHODE ISLAND HOLDINGS, INC
- 6.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 The Providence Journal Company
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month $15.99
- 3 Months $49.99
- 6 Months $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.